Disarmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disarmed

Recent changes in EU regulations arising out of the use by terrorists of reactivated deactivated weapons in recent attacks look as if they will prevent British re-enactors for the first day of the Somme taking their SMLEs to France next month.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Codeine, being an opioid, is a cough suppressant. For some years it is illegal to sell it at pharmacies because some people use it to make up recreational drugs. But those who use it for this purpose constitute about 2% of population. Now, thanks to these 2%, other 98% are unable to obtain an effective remedy for dry cough treatment.
    "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

Originally posted by dmf01 View Post
      Codeine, being an opioid, is a cough suppressant. For some years it is illegal to sell it at pharmacies because some people use it to make up recreational drugs. But those who use it for this purpose constitute about 2% of population. Now, thanks to these 2%, other 98% are unable to obtain an effective remedy for dry cough treatment.
      It is available in the UK on prescription - usually as a pain killer. Doctors however are usually reluctant to prescribe it as it can be addictive and can also have unpleasant side effects for some people. Not sure how this is relevant to the topic in hand.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        It is available in the UK on prescription - usually as a pain killer. Doctors however are usually reluctant to prescribe it as it can be addictive and can also have unpleasant side effects for some people. Not sure how this is relevant to the topic in hand.
        Excuse me if you consider me falling out of the topic with my post. I thought about how acts of a tiny part of population cause production of draconian regulations.
        "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

The bastards never moaned when we brought our smellies over in 1914 did they?
          The long toll of the brave
          Is not lost in darkness
          Over the fruitful earth
          And athwart the seas
          Hath passed the light of noble deeds
          Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X