Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Sailing Ship Models

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I added small links of chain to: the bowsprit in eight placess, tied small links to the strings sticking out of the bow-that the bowsprit side bracess will attach to, and drilled two holes in the slots in the bow keel-made two eyes from brass wire-and glewed them in the holes, to attach the two bowsprit down bracess to. The beems that stick out from the bow that the bottom corners of the lower foresail will pull forward to-- brace to the eyes in the bow keel as well. The fore stays on the first stage of the fore mast tie off to the two larger chain links I added to the bowsprit in two placess. I had just finished enstalling the lower main mast shrowds and fore stays before comming to the library today. So thay and whotever I can compleat durring the week will be in the next picturs.

    Comment


    • Excellent work Niles! I really like seeing the loom.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      John Adams, 1770

      Comment


      • Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
        Excellent work Niles! I really like seeing the loom.
        I have ben waighting to here from you in the hope that you will have questions at some point that will help diarect the corse of my first build thred on this websight. Heller suplies several different looms for it's different kits--the one for this kit is the smallest and simplest, the next size up is in two pieceasess to alow it's height to be encreased. And a therd one exstends in height and alows for a section of mast to be incerted at the top of the loom for the back stays to loop around. Any questions I can answer will help me wright this build thred.

        Comment


        • rat ladder

          wow new tool to me also m i c neils that tool is now standard? that would have saved time when I was a lad building[ old iron sides] or the[ hms pinnafore] ok am I out of the loop or do you have a build going here neils a [how to] of sorts I'm in the frount row
          "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
          "The price of freedom, is always blood

          leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
          m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
          leo2a6m 'the stan'
          leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
          leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
          leo2a4 can.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by majorchuck View Post
            wow new tool to me also m i c neils that tool is now standard? that would have saved time when I was a lad building[ old iron sides] or the[ hms pinnafore] ok am I out of the loop or do you have a build going here neils a [how to] of sorts I'm in the frount row
            Yes my frend-and you are part of it, thanks. But to answer your post--the loom I am showing and thows I have discribed, are suplied in Heller of France plastic sailing ship kits. The 1/96th.scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution has prieformed flexable ratlines in it's kit, and the smaller scale Revell Constitution has ridged cast ratlines. So whot I'm asking is : Who manufactured -your- Constitution kit, and who manufactured the H.M.S. Pinnafore [ wood or plastic-kit ].

            Comment


            • I have enstalled two of the four ships ancurs and the flag staff at stern of the ship now and hope to have the rudder rietainer chains and the lower mizzion mast shrowds and fore stay finished for the next set of picturs.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
                Yes my frend-and you are part of it, thanks. But to answer your post--the loom I am showing and thows I have discribed, are suplied in Heller of France plastic sailing ship kits. The 1/96th.scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution has prieformed flexable ratlines in it's kit, and the smaller scale Revell Constitution has ridged cast ratlines. So whot I'm asking is : Who manufactured -your- Constitution kit, and who manufactured the H.M.S. Pinnafore [ wood or plastic-kit ].
                long time ago and i think the consitution kit was arora the pinnarore was wood probably 30 years back not sure if the pinnafore was a bonnifide ship but back then it was the pinta the maria or this ship they were perferated thin basswood sheets kits so i gave it aworle and ended up placing a meg stick [1/8 stick tnt and floating it to its doom in the pool]
                "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
                "The price of freedom, is always blood

                leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
                m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
                leo2a6m 'the stan'
                leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
                leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
                leo2a4 can.

                Comment


                • majorchuck-I did something simaler to one of mine some years back. It was a 2nd. class French war ship by Heller called the Fienex. I had striped the sails from it to rieplace the sails on my H.M.S. Prince, and took whot riemained to a 4th of july party-placed it enfront of my cannon-and made it dissapier.

                  Comment


                  • consitution

                    the only thing i can offer in tips is this ...when I built the con. the sails were plastic and the old salt on my street showed me how to make better sails... niels he put vaseline on the plastic sheets from the kit and applyed two ply klenex tissue soaked in white glue and waterbase titaiium white I think when dry [carfull of ringkels during drying] pealed the sheets awy preformed sheets with texture I remember it looked good he used thinners and a wide soft brush to clean the vasoline side
                    "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
                    "The price of freedom, is always blood

                    leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
                    m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
                    leo2a6m 'the stan'
                    leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
                    leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
                    leo2a4 can.

                    Comment


                    • Just a quick explanation for the lag time between picture posts : To post picturs here I take my digital camra card to the picture kieosk at a grugstore and make a CD, then I take the CD to the liabrary and upload it to my photobucket account, then I right down the picture address and typ them in -here-. As the drugstore CD's can't be reused--I make a new CD each time I wont to post picturs here.

                      Comment


                      • Why don't you get a card reader and download the pictures to your computer and then upload them from to photobucket from your home computer?
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                        John Adams, 1770

                        Comment


                        • symplicity

                          Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
                          Just a quick explanation for the lag time between picture posts : To post picturs here I take my digital camra card to the picture kieosk at a grugstore and make a CD, then I take the CD to the liabrary and upload it to my photobucket account, then I right down the picture address and typ them in -here-. As the drugstore CD's can't be reused--I make a new CD each time I wont to post picturs here.
                          neils get a best quality internet cam... I use a pro 9000 logitec you take 9/10 mega pixel photos and the instruction cd is easy around 100.00 bucks + tax shipping microsoft xp and up all have photo file folder so u can take pics and download to site no leaving the house
                          "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
                          "The price of freedom, is always blood

                          leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
                          m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
                          leo2a6m 'the stan'
                          leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
                          leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
                          leo2a4 can.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
                            Why don't you get a card reader and download the pictures to your computer and then upload them from to photobucket from your home computer?
                            Because I don't have a computer.

                            Comment


                            • Majorchuck=same answer I just gave modelsinchina. Now on to something more chierfull--I just finished trimming two round nobs off the back of 70 plastic parts that reprisent the back stay tentioning blocks, so as soon as I get home I can glue them on and take the -last- picturs I need to put up my next picture post. Eather laiter today or early saterday.
                              Last edited by niels wilhelm; 23 Jul 10, 13:34. Reason: spelling error

                              Comment


                              • Thies next 6-picturs show the : lower mainmast shrowds and forestays, rudder chain, lower mizzion shrowds on loom, and cleaned up, -all- the lower shrowds-starboard, and port.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by niels wilhelm; 23 Jul 10, 17:00.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X