No announcement yet.

Plastic Sailing Ship Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you find time to build these ships, Niels ???????
    WD and you are nuclear energy powered !
    MY BRAILLE SCALE WORLD :
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...d4043e1&type=1

MY DIECAST WORLD :

http://www.minidioramas.sitew.com/#Page_1.A

Comment

Originally posted by dauga40 View Post

Nope, just caffeine!!!
      wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Originally posted by dauga40 View Post
        My model collection helps push back the depretion of long unemployment.

Comment

Wedfactory---as soon as I upload the build picturs into my photobucket account, I will post them here.

Comment

Thies next seven picturs cover : lower foremast shrowds on loom-and trimed, bowsprit rigging and ancure cable correction, foremast shrowds and fore stays, lower mainmast shrowds on loom-and trimed.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• nice work

could you include some text as to materials used and glues, methods, looks cool
                          "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
                          "The price of freedom, is always blood

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
                          m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
                          leo2a6m 'the stan'
                          leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
                          leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
                          leo2a4 can.

Comment

• You sure have a lot more patience that I do Niels, that's for sure. Nice work.
                            "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

• Originally posted by majorchuck View Post
                              could you include some text as to materials used and glues, methods, looks cool
                              I have ben hopeing for posts like yours to help me with that. So lets make a start:
                              I use several different threds for rigging, colered threds in two sizes from a craft store and two balls of black string of different sizes, and a length of small black cord, along with several spules of thred left over from other models. I by lenghts of chain in several sizes from a craft store, and neckless when I cant find chain, to cut the links apart to use as pully blocks. Now as to glue--I still use Testers in a tube and by the Testers glue tube tips. I also use a bottle of super glue licquid with a glue tip for the bottle. Now on to a discution of methods: I chose a 1/200scale model for this first build thred because it is a good scale for someone just starting a sailing ship model for the first time. As a model growes bigger the rigging becomes more complex, so the rigging on this model will be simple enuf for a beginer.

Comment

• Thair are corrections that need to be made to this model [as happens in this hobby ] : The rigging instructions are the werst I can rember= incompleat even for scale, missleading and rong. So you will see quite a difference between my first Royal Louis and this one. Lets start with the ancure cable ports, the kit shows a single port on each side " on the -middle-deck, rather than a -pair-of ports on the -lower-deck whair thay belong. You can't rig the bowsprit side bracess without correcting this. As happens more often than not, I won't have ancure cables the right size-so I finde a thred the right coler and loop brade it to make it bigger. Another problem is the ancurs them selves--the kit suplies two, and you need four. And as English ancurs have straight -angled hooks and the hooks on French ancurs are rounded, I could not use whot exstra ancurs I have. So I will take the ancurs from my first Royal Louis and add them to my secound one, to make it look right.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X