No announcement yet.

Plastic Sailing Ship Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great looking model Niels! please keep posting pics for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by kurt tank 152 View Post
      great looking model Niels! please keep posting pics for us!

Comment

• Comment

• What pretty colors! I, too, am also working on the USS Constitution. Same scale and everything. I too, started to work on it, and have yet to finish it. I will finish it. The color scheme looks exactly like mine. Only difference is yours is farther along in completion than mine is.

Comment

• 1/400 Heller battleships

Bismark--Scharnhorst--Prinz Eugen--and Admiral Scheer.

Comment

• Daniel O'Neill is the Bomb.
              "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

• More Model Ships

If you LOVE model ships, then perhaps you should check the following:

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gall...x-gallery.html

You'll find many wonderful pictures like this.......

British Golden Hind 1578 By Alain Personnic 01.jpg British Golden Hind 1578 By Alain Personnic 02.jpg

Comment

• Yet More Model Ships

Here's a couple of other ship model websites - they might not be Plastic Ship Models, but I think they're interesting enough to warrant Posting.

Fine Ship Models.com Website:
                  http://www.modelships.de/Verkaufte_S.../san_I_eng.htm
                  http://www.modelships.de/Verkaufte_S...n_Felipe_I.htm

Spanish Galleon San Felipe 1690 1.jpg

Spanish Galleon San Felipe 1690 2.jpg

Spanish Galleon San Felipe 1690 3.jpg

Olson Historic Ship Models:
                  http://www.olsonhistoricshipmodels.c...ante/index.htm

Spanish Galleon El Infante Wooden Model.jpg

I hope you'll all enjoy....

Comment

• Thanks for posting--I have built 2 hulls of the San Felipe, but have not returned to ether to finish one.

Comment

• More Wooden Ships & Threads

Hi Niels Wilhelm, I'm so pleased (and relieved) that you enjoyed the Posting.

Hopefully, you'll love and enjoy the following with equal pleasure:

French Couronne 1636 Model 01.jpg French Couronne 1636 Model 02.jpg

HMS Sovereign Of The Seas 1637 Model.jpg HMS Victory 1765 Model.jpg

Swedish Wasa 1628 Model 01.jpg Swedish Wasa 1628 Model 02.jpg

Incidentally, I don't know whether you like pictures of model ships too, but if so, check out our sister sub-forum of Naval Warfare - You may just find something interesting....

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...c&daysprune=-1

We also have a very fascinating little Thread called Fav Pike'n'Shot Pics. It too, has some really good Galleys and Galleons, amongst its pages - But you do have to search for these many treasures, page by page:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...t=96465&page=4

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy.....

Comment

• Haven't had much time to work on models lately, and what time I have had I have spent on a model of a Christie steam fire engine, for my cozens husband's father. I hope to get back to the English man o'war, when the fire engine is finished.

Comment

• A Block Of Victory

Hi niels wilhelm, how's that fire engine coming along?

Hopefully it'll be finished soon and you can get back to creating brilliant SHIP models again!

I came across this, and thought of you.............

HMS Victory 1765 In Wood With Her Sculptor Ian Brennan By Phil Yeomans.jpg HMS Victory 1765 In Wood Overall View Of Model By Phil Yeomans.jpg HMS Victory 1765 In Wood Close Up By Phil Yeomans.jpg

Model of HMS Victory 1765 By Ian Brennan.

Sculptor completes a model of HMS Victory after 17 YEARS… using a piece of wood from Nelson’s flag ship.
                          Dedicated sculptor Ian Brennan has spent 17 years carving a perfect replica of HMS Victory - out of a block of wood from the famous ship.
                          The artist has put in over 5,000 man-hours into creating an exact copy of Lord Nelson’s flagship that helped defeat the French and Spanish fleets at Trafalgar in 1805.
                          It contains 200 feet of tiny wooden rope, 104 guns, 37 wind-filled sails, and flags spelling out Nelson’s famous battle cry ‘England expects every man to do his duty.’
                          Mr Brennan, the official sculptor for the British Royal Household, had hoped to finish the model by 2005 - the bi-centenary of the battle.
                          But the oak wood from Victory’s lower gun deck was so hard it was like carving concrete and the labour of love took far longer than expected.
                          Having worked on HMS Victory some years ago Mr Brennan was given a beam from above a cannon - it even had the hook in it from where the mess table hung.
                          Within the 400-year-old oak the 60-year-old found enough good timber to create the 47 inch ship - a 1:66 scale model.
                          It weighs 44lbs and during its creation Mr Brennan has worn out four sets of overalls and cut himself numerous times.
                          This stunning wooden replica of HMS Victory is the result of 17 years of dedication and skill.
                          It is also a ship off the old block – for sculptor Ian Brennan has spent 5,000 hours carving it from a piece of timber from the real thing.
                          The model of Nelson’s flagship contains 200ft of intricate ‘rope’, 104 miniature guns, 37 little wind-filled sails, and flags spelling out Nelson’s stirring signal: ‘England expects every man to do his duty.’
                          The oak, taken from Victory’s lower gun deck, was so hard that Mr Brennan said it felt like carving concrete, and the project took much longer to complete than he imagined.
                          An official sculptor for the Royal Household, he was given the piece of wood while working on the restoration of Victory.
                          The beam provided enough raw material for Mr Brennan, aged 60, to create his 47-inch model.
                          During its creation, he has worn out four sets of overalls and cut himself countless times.
                          The warship is depicted in full sail as she headed for the battle of Trafalgar and triumph over the French and Spanish fleets in 1805. It was to be last and greatest of Admiral Lord Nelson’s successes. He was shot by a sniper during the fight and died below decks, surviving long enough to know that he had won.
                          Mr Brennan, from Warsash, near Southampton, has discovered one of his ancestors was killed on Victory during the battle. He said: ‘Some years ago I did some restoration work on Victory. I virtually lived on her for about a year.
                          ‘They always try to use original timbers when doing restoration work, but some are just not good enough.
                          ‘I was given a timber and had it for some time until I decided there was enough good wood to make a scale model of Victory.
                          ‘I couldn’t work on it full-time and the wood was so hard it took me a lot longer than I thought it would.
                          ‘I have researched the ship and have made sure the sail configurations are correct and that the number of guns and rowing boats and rigging are accurate.
                          ‘I only had one chance at this – there will never be another piece of timber from Victory that I could use.’
                          Mr Brennan, who hopes to ultimately sell the replica only became a full-time sculptor at 34. Within five years he was working for the Royal Household.
                          He sculpts in wood and bronze and makes a living by doing commissions.
                          His wife Suzanne, 55, with whom he has three children and four grandchildren, has been very supportive of his 17-year labour of love.
                          Mr Brennan said: ‘Suzanne is very patient and understanding but I’m sure she’s pleased that it is now finished.’

Hope you'll find your inspiration!

Comment

• HMS Invincible 1744 & HMS Victory 1765 Models By Mark Tindall

HMS Invincible 1744 A Radio-Controlled Model By Mark Tindall 01.jpg HMS Invincible 1744 A Radio-Controlled Model By Mark Tindall 02.jpg HMS Victory 1765 Radio-Controlled Model Launched At Herne Bay In 2006 By Mark Tindall.jpg

If you want to read and see a few more photos, here is the link:

http://www.cocatrez.net/Water/MarkTi...ips/index.html

Enjoy................

Comment

• Originally posted by 95th Rifles View Post
                              Hi niels wilhelm, how's that fire engine coming along?

Hopefully it'll be finished soon and you can get back to creating brilliant SHIP models again!

I came across this, and thought of you.............

[ATTACH]64892[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]64893[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]64894[/ATTACH]

Model of HMS Victory 1765 By Ian Brennan.

Sculptor completes a model of HMS Victory after 17 YEARS… using a piece of wood from Nelson’s flag ship.
                              Dedicated sculptor Ian Brennan has spent 17 years carving a perfect replica of HMS Victory - out of a block of wood from the famous ship.
                              The artist has put in over 5,000 man-hours into creating an exact copy of Lord Nelson’s flagship that helped defeat the French and Spanish fleets at Trafalgar in 1805.
                              It contains 200 feet of tiny wooden rope, 104 guns, 37 wind-filled sails, and flags spelling out Nelson’s famous battle cry ‘England expects every man to do his duty.’
                              Mr Brennan, the official sculptor for the British Royal Household, had hoped to finish the model by 2005 - the bi-centenary of the battle.
                              But the oak wood from Victory’s lower gun deck was so hard it was like carving concrete and the labour of love took far longer than expected.
                              Having worked on HMS Victory some years ago Mr Brennan was given a beam from above a cannon - it even had the hook in it from where the mess table hung.
                              Within the 400-year-old oak the 60-year-old found enough good timber to create the 47 inch ship - a 1:66 scale model.
                              It weighs 44lbs and during its creation Mr Brennan has worn out four sets of overalls and cut himself numerous times.
                              This stunning wooden replica of HMS Victory is the result of 17 years of dedication and skill.
                              It is also a ship off the old block – for sculptor Ian Brennan has spent 5,000 hours carving it from a piece of timber from the real thing.
                              The model of Nelson’s flagship contains 200ft of intricate ‘rope’, 104 miniature guns, 37 little wind-filled sails, and flags spelling out Nelson’s stirring signal: ‘England expects every man to do his duty.’
                              The oak, taken from Victory’s lower gun deck, was so hard that Mr Brennan said it felt like carving concrete, and the project took much longer to complete than he imagined.
                              An official sculptor for the Royal Household, he was given the piece of wood while working on the restoration of Victory.
                              The beam provided enough raw material for Mr Brennan, aged 60, to create his 47-inch model.
                              During its creation, he has worn out four sets of overalls and cut himself countless times.
                              The warship is depicted in full sail as she headed for the battle of Trafalgar and triumph over the French and Spanish fleets in 1805. It was to be last and greatest of Admiral Lord Nelson’s successes. He was shot by a sniper during the fight and died below decks, surviving long enough to know that he had won.
                              Mr Brennan, from Warsash, near Southampton, has discovered one of his ancestors was killed on Victory during the battle. He said: ‘Some years ago I did some restoration work on Victory. I virtually lived on her for about a year.
                              ‘They always try to use original timbers when doing restoration work, but some are just not good enough.
                              ‘I was given a timber and had it for some time until I decided there was enough good wood to make a scale model of Victory.
                              ‘I couldn’t work on it full-time and the wood was so hard it took me a lot longer than I thought it would.
                              ‘I have researched the ship and have made sure the sail configurations are correct and that the number of guns and rowing boats and rigging are accurate.
                              ‘I only had one chance at this – there will never be another piece of timber from Victory that I could use.’
                              Mr Brennan, who hopes to ultimately sell the replica only became a full-time sculptor at 34. Within five years he was working for the Royal Household.
                              He sculpts in wood and bronze and makes a living by doing commissions.
                              His wife Suzanne, 55, with whom he has three children and four grandchildren, has been very supportive of his 17-year labour of love.
                              Mr Brennan said: ‘Suzanne is very patient and understanding but I’m sure she’s pleased that it is now finished.’

Hope you'll find your inspiration!
                              I will post some pictures of what I've ben up to in a bit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X