No announcement yet.

Plastic Sailing Ship Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are the last four shots before I begin adding the sails.
    Attached Files

Comment

• In the forth shot you can see that I have added :the secound ancurs--that I took from my first Royal Louis, a secound backstay at the middle-foremast, and a secound backstay at the middle and top of the mainmast. Next up will be the squair sails on the bowsprit, the bowsprit side bracess, and the three tryangler sails at the bowsprit.

Comment

• Looking real good there Neil...
        wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

• Originally posted by Wedfactory View Post
          Looking real good there Neil...
          thanks for looking in Wedfactory.

Comment

• very fine

good work neils rat lines are perfect looking very real
            "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
            "The price of freedom, is always blood

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
            m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
            leo2a6m 'the stan'
            leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
            leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
            leo2a4 can.

Comment

• That looks really good!

Comment

• majorchuck--SgtTerry, thankyou both for looking in. I'm strugoling a bit this morning, with the first bow sprit squair sail and have riepaired one of the ancurs for a secound time from brushing against it. I hope to finish tieing small links of chain and lines of thred to it and get it on the ship today.

Comment

• Comment

• O-well, I thought that might happen.

Comment

• Here are the 5-bowsprit sails.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• What interested you in sailing ships?
                        wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

What interested you in sailing ships?
                          I gruw up on Point Loma in San Diego, California. So A love of sailing ships was natural enuf. My best frend when I was growing up still works at the Star of Indea Mairatime Museum in San Diego Harber. But sence moveing to Washington 19 years ago and joining a cople of model clubs for a short time each, I lerned that very fue plastic modelers build plastic sailing ship models. And that I build them well enuf for them to be apprieceated. It has now become almost a crusade-to keep plastic sailing ships alive as part of the plastic modeling hobby. I apprieceat your intrest in my thred Wedfactory.

Comment

• Your talent with the sailing ships is amazing. I don't think anyone here could match what you do with them. the rest of us just see the rigging and get all queezy inside and head back to tanks or airplanes. The HMS King George V was daunting enough for me. There is rigging that need to go on it, but I am going to leave it off as the pieces it attaches to are very very thin.
                            wedmodelfactory.com

Comment

Your talent with the sailing ships is amazing. I don't think anyone here could match what you do with them. the rest of us just see the rigging and get all queezy inside and head back to tanks or airplanes. The HMS King George V was daunting enough for me. There is rigging that need to go on it, but I am going to leave it off as the pieces it attaches to are very very thin.
                              When I am waighting for glue or paint to dry I have ben tinkering with that 1/180scale H.M.S. Victory by Humbrole-Airfix. I am trying to change the kit to show the Victory as it appiered when it was first lonched, because I think it looks better that way.

Comment

• Niels, It's always interesting to see what you're going to build next! Looking forward to seeing your HMS Victory!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X