Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tamiya T-34/76 Late 1942 Production Model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamiya T-34/76 Late 1942 Production Model.

Here is an old Tamiya 1/35 T-34/76 kit(thanks to panther3485), and I intend to finish it off winter a winter scheme. I plan to keep this project short and simple with most of the emphasis on the weathering. This version is(according to the instructions) was produced during the second half of 1942 with several steel bogie wheels replacing the rubber tyred ones due to wartime shortages. This version also gets the extra sloped armour plate on the front glacious, but minus the external fuel tanks on the side, two angular fuels tanks will be attached to the rear.

Tamiya kits generally fall into place by themselves so there was no need to post an pics earlier in this build. The wheels aren't glued in place yet, well in fact they never intended to be.... rubber caps hold them in place. The turret itself is dryfitted for photo purposes, I'm not sure as to what colour the gun has to be, so correct me with that one if possible.

What is interesting is that there are quite a few extras one can choose to add to this kit, but the instructions are very basic, in so far as guiding you to the basic setup and letting you choose the final layout with several pictures provided, that's my observation anyway.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Starting to look more like a tank now.

Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Is your green a little light or is it the flash from the camera?
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
        Is your green a little light or is it the flash from the camera?
        I didn't use a flash, but the last pics do seem to have a kind of blue filter appearance. The tank will get a black wash followed by white painted all over, the green is really there as a background just to show where the white wash has faded away.
        Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
          I didn't use a flash, but the last pics do seem to have a kind of blue filter appearance. The tank will get a black wash followed by white painted all over, the green is really there as a background just to show where the white wash has faded away.
          Sounds like a plan!
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Nice work my brother
            "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Thanks!
              I've just given the green a coat of hairspray before giving a coat of white, just to protect it some more, good thing to because the tank looks like it's just had an acid bath... blotches everywhere! Some colours are more susceptible I guess.
              Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Very nice to see that model coming together, Garry.
                "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Update!
                  Here is a snap shot of where I'm going, early days yet but it's a just a sample of you guys will see later on.

Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Nice work on the turret, AB, it tooks a long time for weathering ?
                    MY BRAILLE SCALE WORLD :
                    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...d4043e1&type=1

MY DIECAST WORLD :

http://www.minidioramas.sitew.com/#Page_1.A

Comment

Man! You do a great job of weathering, my friend.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

SweeeT! I love that look, i was a bit worried at first seeing the color of
                        green you used looked strange, but looks awesome now.
                        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Looking really sharp AB. Very nice work!
                          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Great looking turret.....
                            The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
                            Dwight D. Eisenhower
                            April 16, 1953

Comment

Update!

Thanks guys, all the comments are appreciated!

Here's some more pics, slowly but surely I'm weathering away at this tank, I might add a little bit more white wash in some spots but only sparingly. But I'll give this a rest and work on the wheels now. Been using Tamiya weathering master set and they seem to be doing ok, the application brush that is provided is good, but not ideal.

Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X