• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFV mk111 Churchill infantry tank

[ATTACH]30977[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30978[/ATTACH]

Comment

churchill parts 004.jpg
      here are the parts as you can see there are a lot of pieces in this kit the detail is nice and crisp a little bit of flash, no sink holes so far on the bits i have used, more pics to follow.

Comment

churchill mk 3 001.jpg
        have drilled out the holes for the rivets using a 1.5 mll drill and removed the rivets from the sprue and sanded of the burrs just have to be careful as these little rivets are tiny and could quite easily be lost.

Comment

churchill mk 3 004.jpg
          rivets fitted.
          can you only post one picture at a time or is there a option to post more?.

Comment

churchill mk 3 007.jpg
            suspension legs with the springs on these are dry fitted.
            more pics at the end of the week.

Comment

Nice work with the Churchill, mate. The suspension looks like it needs careful work on it, do you have to compress the springs down much?

As for photos, you can place up to 12 pics in any single post... I think Geek44 also had trouble loading his pics here aswell, he loads it the same way you do.

Cheers mate, good work.
              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
              Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice work so far Micky. I haven't even pulled the sprue sheets out of the box yet. I will forever be a procrastinator.
                "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

afv churchill mk III charlieboy

good progress mate the churchill i am doing is kingforce work on the sponsons is progressing the road wheel support rails are dificult to build two methods out there on how to .... place one rail side making sure it is straight and even, glue in place with cyo glue next place the other rail and line up place your first spring paddel at the first position line up the susspention rails hold in place and superglue, now go to the other end and do the same.Now your anckor for the construction is set the rail is normally warped a bit so as you place each individual spring paddel glue together use elastic bandes to hold each step 10 minites... the other method construct the rails insert the paddel springswhile you hold both rails b e carefull as when the parts line up you feel it click make sure you have thin acetae glue for this and glue in place hold for 2 min walk away let dry 30 min move to the next as the suspention is lose fitting the next paddel will slip in no problem.. personal observation long locating pins on 1 rail would fix this and make for a more acurate allignment ,a perfect job in this phase is difficult have seen many built not one perfect
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by majorchuck; 16 Jun 10, 08:45.
                  "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
                  "The price of freedom, is always blood

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
                  m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
                  leo2a6m 'the stan'
                  leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
                  leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
                  leo2a4 can.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                    Nice work with the Churchill, mate. The suspension looks like it needs careful work on it, do you have to compress the springs down much?

As for photos, you can place up to 12 pics in any single post... I think Geek44 also had trouble loading his pics here aswell, he loads it the same way you do.

Cheers mate, good work.
                    AB those suspension legs do not need any pressure at all this part is easy to put together they just give you enough grip to stop them 'flying off' when you mate the two halfs together, reguarding posting pictures is there a thread on here showing multiple picture posting?.

triggerjockey, i can hang back with this build if you want me to? or i will only post pics when you are at the same stage it's up to you, im easy on this.

Comment

Originally posted by majorchuck View Post
                      good progress mate the churchill i am doing is kingforce work on the sponsons is progressing the road wheel support rails are dificult to build two methods out there on how to .... place one rail side making sure it is straight and even, glue in place with cyo glue next place the other rail and line up place your first spring paddel at the first position line up the susspention rails hold in place and superglue, now go to the other end and do the same.Now your anckor for the construction is set the rail is normally warped a bit so as you place each individual spring paddel glue together use elastic bandes to hold each step 10 minites... the other method construct the rails insert the paddel springswhile you hold both rails b e carefull as when the parts line up you feel it click make sure you have thin acetae glue for this and glue in place hold for 2 min walk away let dry 30 min move to the next as the suspention is lose fitting the next paddel will slip in no problem.. personal observation long locating pins on 1 rail would fix this and make for a more acurate allignment ,a perfect job in this phase is difficult have seen many built not one perfect
                      M.C. did you take pics showing how you went about doing these rails, i have glued both sets of paddles already on to the rails, as shown in the instructions guide, this has to be the hardest part of this build, what was needed was a deeper groove on one of the mating sides this would have made life a lot easier. but that is a good idea of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieboy View Post
                        AB those suspension legs do not need any pressure at all this part is easy to put together they just give you enough grip to stop them 'flying off' when you mate the two halfs together, reguarding posting pictures is there a thread on here showing multiple picture posting?.

triggerjockey, i can hang back with this build if you want me to? or i will only post pics when you are at the same stage it's up to you, im easy on this.
                        Go ahead with your build. I am farther behind with some current projects that I need to get more work done on. My Churchill will just have to wait. Thanks though.
                        "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by charlieboy View Post
                          AB, reguarding posting pictures is there a thread on here showing multiple picture posting?.

This thread could be useful, hope it helps.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55013
                          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

mud scrapersx2 002.JPG both sides finished fiddly but got there in the end

Comment

mud scrapersx2 004.jpg dry fitted to the sponsons next job glue to the sponsons and fit road wheels

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X