Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 years ago...

The Invasion of Normandy. D-Day.
    "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

I think this topic is worth keeping here, rather than merging it with any existing topics in the WW2 forum.... reason being is that I vaguely(yes vaguely) remember doing quite a few planes that came with D-Day decals, MatchBox I presume. Are they still around, and what about any specific AFVs from this period, I know about the AFV Club AF 35167 Churchill Mk.III AVRE, the Dragon 6182 Firefly Vc has some stenciling for D-Day, a few other Sherman tank kits would possible have markings included. I'm guessing there are D-Day figures aswell.
    What about aircraft kits today, any around with D-Day decals still?
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

Oh I have seen oooooodles of D-Day kits over the years. The black n white invasion striped aircraft are easy to spot.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I always liked the Mk.IV Centaur as well. The 95mm support version. I read somewhere that they had some of these on barges with no engines in them to hold more ammo and used them for beach fire support. Later fitting them with engines and using them inland.
        "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

I remember reading The Longest Day while in High School, and thinking after I had finished it "my God, what those guys went through".

Comment

God Bless every man that set foot in Europe that fateful day. They deserve to be remembered for the Heros they were. Unselfishly putting their lives on the line so other, repeat, so others could be freedom. Many today have forgotten that freedom in not free it has been, is,and will be paid for in the blood of the one who believe in the principles for freedom.

Thank you to each and every one of them.

wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

"At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wedfactory View Post

God Bless every man that set foot in Europe that fateful day. They deserve to be remembered for the Heros they were. Unselfishly putting their lives on the line so other, repeat, so others could be freedom. Many today have forgotten that freedom in not free it has been, is,and will be paid for in the blood of the one who believe in the principles for freedom.

Thank you to each and every one of them.

couldn't have said it better.
                "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X