Your Workbench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Workbench

I don't know if this has been done already as I have only been a member for a short time now. So, if it has, just ignore this and except my apologies.
    I would like to hear, and or, see pics of fellow modeler's workbenches. I often look at and read on how different people build and finish models for improving my own methods and techniques.
    The same holds true for different people's modeling areas. There are so many different ways that every one sets up and organizes they're workbench that I feel that I could use some of that input to improve upon my own modeling area.
    You know, things like, :how do you have your paints organized, :how do you have your tools set up, :what types of tools have you found that work better than others, and so on.
    Not only that, but I think it is fun to talk about the how, where's, and why's about different work area set up's.
    "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Workbench well mine has Chopsaws and the like on it. Does that count?
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
    - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

my den 014.jpg this is my work area

Comment

my den

[ATTACH]30894[/ATTACH]

Comment

WOW, that's clean!!

I'll take some pics tonight after the hockey game.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

002.jpg
            this is it when i am making a model not as tidy as previous pics all my paints are in those black cabient things so are the tools etc

Comment

I build mine into a closet in our spare bedroom.

I have two shelves of models above the workspace. The lower shelf in models in progress and the top shelf is the backlog. The two rows of little yellow bins in front of me are paints, the bottom row of bins are tools and glues. I have storage on either side of me in the closet, as well as under the desk top. I added 5 lights in the closet for lighting, 3 fluorescent and 2 small spots, that flip on and off with a surge protector screwed to the underside of the desk. On the wall to the right are three shelves running full length of the room to display my models on. My spray gun is out in the garage on a multicolored workbench.
              wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Originally posted by charlieboy View Post
                [ATTACH]30894[/ATTACH]
                Dang Mickey, that is probably the cleanest workbench I have ever seen. Nice.
                I would have to give Warren the award for the cleverest use of closet space of all time. Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
                  Dang Mickey, that is probably the cleanest workbench I have ever seen. Nice.
                  I would have to give Warren the award for the cleverest use of closet space of all time. Nicely done.
                  i keep most of my stuff under the work top in storage containers, it's surprising how much kit you start to aquire and it soon leaves you with no working area?.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieboy View Post
                    i keep most of my stuff under the work top in storage containers, it's surprising how much kit you start to aquire and it soon leaves you with no working area?.
                    So true. I am not going to post any pics of my area until i get it cleaned up. It is a total disaster right now.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
                      So true. I am not going to post any pics of my area until i get it cleaned up. It is a total disaster right now.
                      That is the definition of a model desk, "a total disaster". It supposed to have several models in different stages of construction (or destruction as the case may be) so snap away....
                      wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

I should go into business staging photographs or something. My bench never looks like this. Usually everything is scattered from one side to the other. Shoot, I probably won't be able to find anything now.
                        Last edited by triggerjockey; 04 Jun 10, 23:39. Reason: bad pic

Comment

I cleanined it up awhile ago, looks worse now:

Planning on packing it all up and moving into our new home in a few weeks
                          The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
                          Dwight D. Eisenhower
                          April 16, 1953

Comment

Originally posted by KG_AirborneBob View Post
                            I cleanined it up awhile ago, looks worse now:

Planning on packing it all up and moving into our new home in a few weeks
                            I like it.

Comment

I forgot about this thread!

I had to use my mobile phone camera again so the pics aren't top notch.... the reason for all the clutter of kits is because I recently moved my desk into my room, and I don't have anywhere to put them.

My Dragon 1/35 Maus looks a mess at the moment, it hasn't been scuttled, the repairs will be easy enough.... Truth be told it wasn't a good kit to put together in the first place.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                              Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                              Bukowski

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X