Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare kits give-away

Hi guys,

I've decided to let go of some kits from my stash. These are mostly kits that have been 'replaced' by later kits of the same or very similar subjects. Also, I am getting desperately short of storage space at home. I have already reserved some for family members and I have more than enough for myself. Nevertheless, there are still 18 kits remaining, looking for a loving new owner.

So, to cut a long story short I want to give them away to folks who will be likely to appreciate them. I would like to hold back some of the more 'attractive' ones as prizes for builds here. I've already suggested that idea to Duncan and Freightshaker and they seem to think it's a good one. Details of the build/s and which kits to hold back are yet to be decided. The rest I intend to give away to individual members on the following basis:
    • I want the kits to go to somebody who is an ACG member, or at least somebody who is close family of an ACG member, to be built by said person. I don't want to send them to somebody who is just going to sell them on E-Bay or whatever for cash. Obviously, I'll have to be trusting that somebody who asks for kits will honour that wish.
    • The kits that are not to be build prizes will be given away by weight; whatever comes closest to half a kilo without exceeding that weight. In most cases, this will mean two kits per person. The reason is postage/shipping costs from my end, to minimize the cost per kit. Sending 18 different kits to 18 different destinations would work out too expensive overall.
    • Members who wish to offer to cover me for shipping costs will have their kits despatched first, but there is absolutely no obligation for anyone to do this as I am quite willing to cover it myself. However, to avoid hammering my personal allowance too hard in one hit, I intend to spread the despatches over about 3 months or so, with anticipated shipping time (by 'economy air') of about 1 or 2 weeks - give or take some - on top of that in most cases, so you'll have to be patient.
    • It will be about 2 to 3 weeks from now, before I despatch the first shipment.

First up, I would like your opinions and feedback on the following:
    • Do you think it is a good idea to offer some of the more attractive of the kits listed below as prizes for builds?
    • If you think it's a good idea, which ones should I reserve as prizes?
    • Do you have any suggestions regarding ideas for builds?

Once we have sorted out which kits are to be reserved as prizes, I will then take requests for the remainder of the kits, from members who would like to receive them.

These are the kits (my year of purchase in brackets):

1/48 Aircraft
    Hobby Craft HC1576 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24 (1996)
    Hobby Craft HC1530 Russian La-7 (1998)
    Eduard 8029 Yak-3 'Normandie-Niemen' (1999)
    Nichimo S-4813 Nakajima B5N2 'Kate' (1996)

1/35 AFVs
    Dragon 9033 Tauch Panzer III Ausf. H (1998)
    Tamiya 35049 T-34/76 model 1942 (1992)
    Dragon 6331 Panzerjager Marder III H (2007)
    Dragon 6166 Nashorn (2006)
    Tamiya 35142 KV-1B model 1940 w/Applique Armor (1988)
    Tamiya 35066 KV-1 Type C (1997)
    Dragon 3517 M1A1-HA Abrams w/Tank Crew and interior (1994)
    Tamiya 35190 US Medium M4 Sherman Early Production (1995)
    Dragon 6048 M4A1 75mm Early Version (1996)
    Tamiya 35170 Panther G Early Version (1994)
    Tamiya 35170 Panther G Early Version w/separate link track (1994)
    Tamiya PzKpfw II Ausf. F/G (1995)
    Dragon 6264 PzKpfw IV Ausf. E '3-in-1' (2005)
    Dragon 6043 StuG IV Late Version (1998)

All kits are complete and in their original boxes. A few of them have had a little bit of work done. I'll make another post soon, with some details and info regarding each kit.

Best to all,
    panther3485
    Last edited by panther3485; 04 Jun 10, 10:18.
    "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Save the Tauchpanzer for the Sealion build!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      Save the Tauchpanzer for the Sealion build!!!
      Now, that idea I do like!
      Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

I'm interested in the

Dragon 6166 Nashorn (2006)

I can cover the shipping.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I would be interested in either one of the KV's.
          Possibly save the Yak, Marder III, either of the Panther's, the '3 in 1' Pzkpfw.IV, or the Stug for the 'build' winners.
          Jeez, my brain is drooling over every one of those armor kits. Love the KV's though.
          I would like to see a WWII Italy build. Whether it be Italian equipment or Allied or Axis equipment that fought in Italy strictly.
          Last edited by triggerjockey; 04 Jun 10, 11:11.
          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
            I would be interested in either one of the KV's.
            Possibly save the Yak, Marder III, either of the Panther's, the '3 in 1' Pzkpfw.IV, or the Stug for the 'build' winners.
            Jeez, my brain is drooling over every one of those armor kits. Love the KV's though.
            I would like to see a WWII Italy build. Whether it be Italian equipment or Allied or Axis equipment that fought in Italy strictly.
            A Sicily/Italy campaign build, for instance? Model any Allied or Axis plane, tank, etc from that campaign? Seems like a good idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther3485 View Post
              A Sicily/Italy campaign build, for instance? Model any Allied or Axis plane, tank, etc from that campaign? Seems like a good idea to me.
              Exactly. I think that would be cool.
              "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Well if it's going to be saved then ignore this, otherwise I'd be hugely interested in the: Dragon 6264 PzKpfw IV Ausf. E '3-in-1' (2005).
                BoRG
                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

The Tamiya 35049 T-34/76 model 1942 would be cool, I'm happy to cover some of the shipping.
                  "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                  Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey AB, you're up late! It's 01.12 here so it must be 03.12 in Victoria? I'm just about to hit the sack now, mate.

Regarding your expression of interest in a particular kit, and everyone elses so far, they have all been duly noted in the back of my mind but I am waiting until we have decided on which kits are to be reserved as build prizes, before 'officially' acknowledging any such requests.
                    Last edited by panther3485; 04 Jun 10, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther3485 View Post
                      Hey AB, you're up late! It's 01.07 here so it must be 03.07 in Victoria? I'm just about to hit the sack now, mate.

Regarding your expression of interest in a particular kit, and everyone elses so far, they have all been duly noted but I am waiting until we have decided on which kits are to be reserved as build prizes before 'registering' any such requests.
                      I was in bed..... couldn't sleep. It's gunna be a long day today.
                      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                        I was in bed..... couldn't sleep. It's gunna be a long day today.
                        OK, maybe I should try that sometime (accessing my computer while I'm in bed, I mean). I'm just about to shut down now, catch yer later, mate. We have a 3-day long weekend here in WA (Foundation Day). I might see if I can borrow the wife's digital camera and post some pics of these kits.

cheers mate,
                        panther3485

Comment

I would be interested in any or all of the aircraft..
                          wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

is there any thing you could send to sean to help him out with his up and coming model makers or is the postage too much, just a thought?

Comment

I'm interested in any of the KV's and the Marder and or either Panther.
                              "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X