"The Bridge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Bridge"

Ok this is mainly for modelsinchina, who asked for more on how to.
    Just keep in mind there are many differn't ways, and my build
    certainly won't be the best way, but hopefully give ya some pointers
    and just enjoy the build.

This will take time as well, my guess at least all summer.

So here we go from the box to the build, my plan is to put my
    1/2 track on this bridge. Look at all that spruce

The bridge is made of resin & plaster, no instructions what so ever
    thats Verlinden for ya. I had to go by their photo, and so here it
    is built up already.

Now to cut out a board for the base, a bit harder than i thought due to
    the fact that its not a perfect square, so i had to recut, but looks ok
    so far.

That's it for now, will work more on the 1/2 track.
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

That is going to be pretty cool LT. Looking forward to more 'in progress' pics.
    "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Great I am excited about this. It looks great so far!
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      John Adams, 1770

Comment

Awsome!
        You're my hero man. (And I'm not just saying that because of the great BBQ).

Comment

Very cool. Looking forward to following along as you progress

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Cool!!

On a side note, the terrain model I've been working on at school is almost finished. The client wants it by Tues and we're still having issues with trees. We need about 50 so buying them is a bit uneconomical. I'll take pictures today and post them.
            If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Thanks alot guys i'm really glad there's interest in this. So i'm going to
              try and update offten. I've changed the way i upload pics, this should
              make it easier for me and less time.

Ok i had to show you guys this, the amount of the detail that Dragon has
              put into this chasie, of which most won't be seen, but its just incredible. It takes longer to build this amount of detail but it really gives you a true
              idea of how the real thing really looks. I've built the old Tamiya 8 ton
              1/2 track, and what a difference in detail. Tamiya's got a long way to go
              to catch up.

Hey FS, just a thought here, this guy will sell trees in bulk
              http://timberlinescenery.com/home.php
              Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

What are the benefits of building first than painting later. I do a lot of work in 1/72 scale. I am sure I have some backwards thinking here but it just seems easier to get a brush on something that's not prebuilt. I know there are issues with glue and seems but that undercarriage looks like a nightmare to paint.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                John Adams, 1770

Comment

That being said it looks great. If you can give me some tips on painting it I will give it a try! (Maybe I should cut 1/72 out)
                  John Adams, 1770

Comment

Well if your going with 1/72, Duncan builds these and may have
                    some insite for you. I build armor only in 1/35, and usually build the
                    whole thing first then paint. The exception to this would be open top
                    and 1/2 tracks that have interior that will be seen.

Although if you look at that Nashorn, it was completely built before
                    being painted. The drawback is the wheels & tracks are really hard
                    to paint this way, but i usually will be putting mud & weather on
                    them to cover up misses.

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                      Hey FS, just a thought here, this guy will sell trees in bulk
                      http://timberlinescenery.com/home.php
                      I wish we had the time to order them. I bought some Scenic Woodlands trees but I need around 50 so that would be expensive. I think we're going to jury-rig some real branches with flocking and try to make that fly.

BTW, nice manicure...

Comment

Good idea LT, I'm really interested in how the bridge will turn out. Makes you wonder how come Verlindin sell their stuff with little or no instructions.... I'm still annoyed from the Tiger II engine I bought from them.
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                        Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                          I wish we had the time to order them. I bought some Scenic Woodlands trees but I need around 50 so that would be expensive. I think we're going to jury-rig some real branches with flocking and try to make that fly.

BTW, nice manicure...
                          plastic sprue and steel wool?
                          wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Originally posted by Wedfactory View Post
                            plastic sprue and steel wool?

It's 1:120 scale so the Woodland flocking will look better. Good idea though.

Comment

Small update, sometimes those 2 in 1 kits can really be a pain in
                              the buttski!!.
                              I took my time with this and still screwed up, the front fenders are for
                              a differn't version, ugh. But it shouldn't be too bad i think??
                              Also i managed to break off that little attanae on the left front fender
                              not once but twice, and lost both pieces. So now i will be using a third
                              one out of my scratch box.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X