Pick your favourite Shep Paine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick your favourite Shep Paine!

I was looking through my bookmarks(which is ALOT!) and noticed the Shep Paine site, so I thought why not post it here for anyone who isn't familiar with this great modeler and enjoy what marvelous projects he created. If anyone is interested, take a look and post which one really grabs your attention the most, and why!

My personal favourite is 'The Gun Deck of HMS Victory at Trafalgar, 1805' so much action everywhere you look, I never get bored viewing pics of that one.

Here is the link to his site. http://sheperdpaine.com/
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Mine was the German half track with one of the soldiers jumping
    out at the back in mid air with all kinds of smoke in the scene.
    Cigarette smoke as Shep explained and the soldiers hand attached
    at the top side of the half track I thought that quite unique.

Comment

I liked the one of the C-47 being loaded up with paratroopers.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I liked the B-26 factory and the P-61 black widow repairs.
        Last edited by Wedfactory; 20 May 10, 11:29.
        wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

His figures are incredible. I also like the Monogram armour mainly because frankly most of the kits out of the box suck, and it didn't even faze him.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
            His figures are incredible. I also like the Monogram armour mainly because frankly most of the kits out of the box suck, and it didn't even faze him.
            From what I've read he found it very restrictive when constructing the Monogram series, purely due to the fact that they wouldn't let Shep use any outside materials, just what they produced. Commendable effort in what he achieved regardless.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

His crashed B-17 has always been my favorite. How do you paint nose art on the back of a 1/48th scale jacket??!!!

If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                From what I've read he found it very restrictive when constructing the Monogram series, purely due to the fact that they wouldn't let Shep use any outside materials, just what they produced. Commendable effort in what he achieved regardless.

At that time, there weren't any outside materials!

Card stock and a spares box is about it.
                If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

"How do you paint nose art on the back of a 1/48th scale jacket??!!!"

Actually my buddy Paul wouldn't even call it much of a challenge.

Then again he IS something of a fluke
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

he is a great great modeller, him and Francious verlinden were my role models back when i was young, had loads of free time, more hair than i have now....sigh...!

Comment

Lots of excellent detailed work in this diorama of Essling 1809.

Comment

I would have to go with the 'B-26 factory' and the Tiger 1. Very talented modeler.
                        "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X