Dioramas Plus WIP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dioramas Plus WIP.

I'm in the middle of working on the masters to a few new kits so I thought I'd post the progress for one of them here. This one comes with a solid base & I wanted to make it on an incline to sort of work something new into the mix. The main part of the kit will be just 3 or 4 hydrocal parts so you'll be able to get this glued together & ready to paint in about 15 minutes. Comments?

Randy Pepprock
    Dioramas Plus

It will make a interesting dio, however as an architect I see two things that may need work. First is the width of the sidewalk, it may need to be a little wider and if the large opening is going to be a doorway is may need stairs down into the street. Second is the distance between the top og the large arch and the sill of the window above doesn't leave enough room for a true floor system. You may need another row of the brick pattern between them.

Just my 2 cents....
    wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

I would buy this in a heart beat, depending on price. My only ? is what the back side is, most likely nothing, which means i would need to build from scratch, thats ok, depending on price? Otherwise i love it, where's your site???
      Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

That's the kind of honest feedback I'm looking for. I think I will be able to address both issues without too much work. Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
        www.dioramasplus.com

Originally posted by Wedfactory View Post
        It will make a interesting dio, however as an architect I see two things that may need work. First is the width of the sidewalk, it may need to be a little wider and if the large opening is going to be a doorway is may need stairs down into the street. Second is the distance between the top og the large arch and the sill of the window above doesn't leave enough room for a true floor system. You may need another row of the brick pattern between them.

Just my 2 cents....

Comment

You could get by with out the walkway if it was landscaped from the foundation down to the street.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Another option for the sidewalk is to slope it with the street and have steps at any door way. This is a common feature in older European cities.

As for as the comment above about landscaping, at the time (and still today) there is very little room for landscaping at street level (in fact the the tank shown in the picture would get stuck on some city streets) most of the greenery is with window baskets...

The only place you would find landscaping is in the cities plazas....
            wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Another option for the sidewalk is to slope it with the street and have steps at any door way. This is a common feature in older European cities.

As for as the comment above about landscaping, at the time (and still today) there is very little room for landscaping at street level (in fact the the tank shown in the picture would get stuck on some city streets) most of the greenery is with window baskets...

The only place you would find landscaping is in the cities plazas....
              Then a rounded off bit of earth if the term landscaping is misleading.

Better yet, no walkway what ever. have the street and the foundation along the same plain. In smaller streets, all over Europe this is the way it is done. You only need to look at old or new photos.

This is a common feature in older European cities.

Do you know of any NEW European cities?

Sorry , what is typical of European cities I'll have to take my opinion over your just due to location. Window basket would not have been in place. The cost time and money both of which was a scarce supply in Europe in 44 - 45 to plant window baskets, especially in towns was not there. Also window baskets are not that popular through out Europe.
              Last edited by Half Pint John; 12 May 10, 17:02.

Comment

An update on this kit. I redid the base so that the sidewalk matched the incline of the road. Much better I think. I'm still waiting on the laser cut windows/door but I think you can get the basic idea on how this will look. The incline really makes this base/dio unique. 8" x 10 1/2".

Also coming soon is an Iraqi street/shop scene & a Normandy building. Both will include bases.

Cheers!

Randy Pepprock
                Dioramas Plus

Comment

I think that helps a lot,looks real good there..
                  wedmodelfactory.com

Comment

I think that helps a lot,looks real good there..

Agreed!
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I think you got a winner there....I especially like the idea of the base included..your previous pieces did not include a base...great Idea
                      The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
                      Dwight D. Eisenhower
                      April 16, 1953

Comment

positive! Great.

Comment

It looks like a good layout, and the inclusion of a base is a 'must' in my books.
                          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

I like it as well, do you ship internationally?
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                            John Adams, 1770

Comment

Yes, actual postage cost.

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
                              I like it as well, do you ship internationally?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X