X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashorn

Well this is Dragon's Premium kit, which is just a rehash of an older kit,
    but with new goodies. I can see why they redid it and put out a completely
    new one this year. But i had already bought this one, oh well.

I normally don't build a kit completely when there's interior, but it was a bit
    difficult to put together and so i just kept going. The problem now is painting
    it is going to be real hard.

So far not too bad

Notice i added a bunch of extras, otherwise its pretty empty inside.
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Looking pretty good LT
    "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

LT builds open top armor!!!!
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

That sure looks sweet.
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Thanks guys, still a ways to go. Yeah doing these open top armor stuff
          is alot harder. When i did the 1/2 tracks i did all interor first, but i decided
          to do this one differn't.
          Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Looking good Chris! I particularly like your choice of base coat and green pattern colours. I should build an open top afv, I think the last one I did was a 1/48 Bandai Wespe .... and that was quite a while ago.
            Looking good!
            rb
            http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

lufftiger, that camoflage is first class what colour is the base coat that you have used it's very nice and goes well with the green, this is a good looking build and great detail on the gun assembly.

Comment

great work....

Comment

Time for an update, been busy with life and with summer coming i wont
                  be doing much with models. I've started another one which is "The Bridge"
                  but it wont be done til maybe this fall. Oh the base color is desert yellow
                  mixed with white.

Comment

That looks great LT!
                    "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

How do you get the soft tones on the green camo pattern? I am getting ready to do a similar pattern on my jadgpanther.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                      John Adams, 1770

Comment

Thanks, and as for the faded green camo, what i did here was have the
                        airbrush a bit further away from the model, then really control a low
                        amount of paint spraying, you need a dual action airbrush for this.

Then a filter wash will also help with this.

Comment

can you explain a filter wash?
                          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                          John Adams, 1770

Comment

Nash............ Hornet

........................ :-))

... A gun is like a parachute - If you need one and do not have one, you probably will not need one again ...

Comment

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
                              can you explain a filter wash?
                              Ok basically after you have painted your model, you take differn't colors
                              of oils and dab them on. Then with thinner, or i use Turpniod, wash those
                              colors off. If there's interest i could do a how to do on my next build?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X