Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I.P.M.S. North Olympic Peninsula 2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I.P.M.S. North Olympic Peninsula 2010

    OK--I dont see this up yet-so I'll put it up : Saterday June 12th. 2010 9:30 to 4:30 Building 204, Fort Worden State Park, Port Townsend, Washengton. This will be this clubs 3rd.model contest sence becoming part of I.P.M.S. I enjoyed thair first one Very much, as it was the last time "PLASTIC"--Sailing ship models were alowed to compeat with Plastic-sailing ship models, in an I.P.M.S. model contest. And I will be contacting them to see if thay will be alowing that agen this year, if thay due-I'll be thair, and if not---it's way too far to brive just to show my models.

  • #2
    Here's a link:

    http://nopms.net/

    I'll have to see what's on the agenda for June before I commit. It's not easy being married...
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

    Comment


    • #3
      I just sent a very long e-mail to the head judge, if he replies it will answer two questions. wether or not I will make the drive, and wether or not plastic sailing ship models will be alowed to remain part of the plastic modeling hobby.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
        I just sent a very long e-mail to the head judge, if he replies it will answer two questions. wether or not I will make the drive, and wether or not plastic sailing ship models will be alowed to remain part of the plastic modeling hobby.
        I just receaved an e-mail reply from the head judge makeing it PAINFULLY clear that I.P.M.S. International has endid palstic sailing ship models as part of the plastic modeling hobby-----so I dont have any reason to make that long drive. I will continue to -display- my sailing ships at the Seattle contest, so that people can continue to see plastic sailing ship models.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
          I just receaved an e-mail reply from the head judge makeing it PAINFULLY clear that I.P.M.S. International has endid palstic sailing ship models as part of the plastic modeling hobby-----so I dont have any reason to make that long drive. I will continue to -display- my sailing ships at the Seattle contest, so that people can continue to see plastic sailing ship models.
          And remember mate. You build models for your own enjoyment. Not for competition.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Duncan your post helps me return to rigging the Le Glorieus.

            Comment


            • #7
              wood construction

              Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
              Thanks Duncan your post helps me return to rigging the Le Glorieus.
              are you saying only wood hull models at a International PLASTIC modelers society comp. thats an oxymorron heavy on the morron.!
              "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
              "The price of freedom, is always blood

              leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
              m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
              leo2a6m 'the stan'
              leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
              leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
              leo2a4 can.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by niels wilhelm View Post
                I just receaved an e-mail reply from the head judge makeing it PAINFULLY clear that I.P.M.S. International has endid palstic sailing ship models as part of the plastic modeling hobby-----so I dont have any reason to make that long drive. I will continue to -display- my sailing ships at the Seattle contest, so that people can continue to see plastic sailing ship models.
                That is a shame though, especially when you are happy to exhibit them, but Duncan is right.... we build because we enjoy it.
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

                "The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                Mark Twain.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Chin up Niels - You do excellent work my friend and it is surely their loss. Besides, you can show the world your ship models here and save the gas!
                  rb
                  http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

                  “The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I just checked on the IPMS USA website and they still show sailing ships as a category. Go to the link below and on the left click on "Contest Categories"

                    http://ipmsusa.org/NCC/NCC.htm

                    It shows "Sailing (all scales)" as category "407 all entries"

                    So judging by the IPMS USA website, sailing ships are still in.

                    Maybe just the International guys don't want it.
                    wedmodelfactory.com

                    On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by razorboy View Post
                      Chin up Niels - You do excellent work my friend and it is surely their loss. Besides, you can show the world your ship models here and save the gas!
                      rb
                      Thanks RB, I will be dueing just that for awhile, as I am being attacked by itilley and EdGrune on the thred -I- started in finescale.com ,

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Wedfactory View Post
                        I just checked on the IPMS USA website and they still show sailing ships as a category. Go to the link below and on the left click on "Contest Categories"

                        http://ipmsusa.org/NCC/NCC.htm

                        It shows "Sailing (all scales)" as category "407 all entries"

                        So judging by the IPMS USA website, sailing ships are still in.

                        Maybe just the International guys don't want it.
                        I.P.M.S. Seattle and I.P.M.S. Port Townsend , have both rieplaced 407 sailing ships, with 403 ships unpowered. an "unpowered ship" is a BARGE. Both clubs use the 403 ships unpowered catagory as a 2nd. missolainious catagory for- anything that flotes on woter that dusent have a propeller. The wood modelers and modelers who build sail boats-use that catagory. Even thow I have MORE plastic sailing ship models than BOTH of thies grupes combined !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                          That is a shame though, especially when you are happy to exhibit them, but Duncan is right.... we build because we enjoy it.
                          Yes-but in adition to that, I "tryed" to keep plastic sailing ship models alive as part of the plastic modeling hobby. And now that I wont be posting on finescale.com for a while, I have only the suport of the people here to encurrage me to keep going.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by majorchuck View Post
                            are you saying only wood hull models at a International PLASTIC modelers society comp. thats an oxymorron heavy on the morron.!
                            To be presice I am saying : that IPMS has duped the members of the wonce proud Historic Wood Ship Modeling Society-into being used as a tool to drive out plastic sailing ship models, and to give the sail boat modelers a catagory so thay dont have to enter thair misalainous models in the misalaineos catagory whair thay belong.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I eraced all but one photograph in my photobucket.com account yesterday, and exed out all but one of my posts on my sailing ship thred in finescale.com. I could'nt think of anything else to due. My thred had 9,629 Views in the 6-months I was on that websight. O Well !

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X