Do I or Don't I fit a engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I or Don't I fit a engine

I currently own a Heng long Panther and tiger and are still looking for more
    but I was wondering do I modify the tanks so that the engine hatches open and you can see a model of the original Maybach engines

Wouldn't be a hard choice but I cant buy the engines at 1/16 scale so I would have to get some plans and make them.
    The best political weapon is the weapon of terror. Cruelty commands respect. Men may hate us. But, we don't ask for their love; only for their fear.
    Heinrich Himmler

I don't know alot about the Heng Long kits, but I'd imagine you'd have to be careful not to make the hinges too weak for R/C use, how much room is available to fit the engine?
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
    Bukowski

Comment

I currently own a Heng long Panther and tiger and are still looking for more
      but I was wondering do I modify the tanks so that the engine hatches open and you can see a model of the original Maybach engines
      I would say that it would depend on how much you want to display it with the grilles open. If it were to be quite often then I would have to say go for it. Although if they were to be closed more than not, I don't think that I would bother with such a big project. But then again, it is your project, so I can only say what I would find myself doing.
      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
        I don't know alot about the Heng Long kits, but I'd imagine you'd have to be careful not to make the hinges too weak for R/C use, how much room is available to fit the engine?
        the engine bay is 67mm by 70mm and then there are the bays for the fuel and oil tanks and then the fans either side of the engine and the fiefel luftfilters
        on the outside to the rear
        The best political weapon is the weapon of terror. Cruelty commands respect. Men may hate us. But, we don't ask for their love; only for their fear.
        Heinrich Himmler

Comment

Hi Gibbs,
          Do you want to use it as an R/C tank or a static model?

Get the tamiya german maintenanc e set and scale up the engine parts.

Matt
          http://www.soldierblue.homestead.com

When Death Smiles at us, all we can do is smile back and say " Does your Mum know you're Gay"?

Comment

rc tank but would also like to display at shows when they are both done
            Heinrich Himmler

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X