1:72 B-17F Raffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:72 B-17F Raffle

I have a Revell 1:72 B17F kit to raffle off. It's an older kit with a small scratch on one wing. It should be complete but some parts are off the sprue and I'll be making no replacement if it isn't. The kit and shipping will be at no cost to the winner. Due to shipping costs this is only open for folks in Canada and the U.S.A. It'll be shipped the cheapest way possible in it's original box. The box may get crumpled in transit but the kit should be ok. The Memphis Belle markings are missing but I'll be including some very nice after-market decals for Thumper and Yardbird II of the 303rd bomber group. Please only enter if you plan on building this yourself, or with your kid, etc... Don't enter if you are just going to re-sell it.

Yes. Please enter me in the raffle.
    83.33%
    Yes, Please enter me in the raffle.
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Older Schmolder! She's a B-17 the Army Air Queen!

Ain't no worries about me selling that grand Gal on. I'd build her! 1-72? I'd even have room to display her afterwards!

Sign me up Duncan!

Here's some history...
    Thumper and crew:

I've been looking but can't find a pic of Yardbird so far

EDIT:
    Well here's an apparent shot of her Crew:

Last edited by Arthwys; 31 Mar 10, 16:39.
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Duncan, This is my favorite plane, I know I am way over here, but If I would be will to pay the shipping would you make an exception???
      Looks great!!!
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      John Adams, 1770

Comment

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
        Duncan, This is my favorite plane, I know I am way over here, but If I would be will to pay the shipping would you make an exception???
        Looks great!!!
        I may be able to ship this for about $10 by a slow boat and no extra packing - according to the Canada Post web site. Assuming that is correct - folks outside the US and Canada are free to enter. It may not be as in my experience the Post Office has charged me more to ship to the US than this. But then with privatisation of our post offices I've caught them a few times trying to overcharge me by giving service I didn't ask for or overestimating the parcel size. So drop your name in and if you win and it's reasonable (about $10) I'll ship it. If it isn't reasonable I'll draw another name. I make no guarantees as to the condition when it arrives.
        Last edited by Duncan; 01 Apr 10, 18:01.

Comment

sounds good to me!!!
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
          John Adams, 1770

Comment

should I click on the poll at the top both of them say yes please enter me in the raffle. ???
            John Adams, 1770

Comment

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
              should I click on the poll at the top both of them say yes please enter me in the raffle. ???
              Doesn't matter how you do it. I just use the poll because it makes it easy for me to see who is interested. Sifting through a thread or PMs can be problematic. There are two options because that's the minimum allowed by the software. It doesn't matter which one you click.
              Last edited by Duncan; 02 Apr 10, 10:05.

Comment

great thanks
                John Adams, 1770

Comment

I would be willing to send some funds via Pay-Pal to help get that model shipped to Sean. I love the way that he nurture's modeling with his kids and the community. I would like to help out any way that I could.
                  "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

She's a beauty Duncan, too bad I won the last one! - Good Luck Fellas!
                    http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

That's a beauty of a plane. I haven't built one in about 40 years, it would be cool to start building planes again.
                      "WE MAKE MINIATURE TOY SOLDIERS COME TO LIFE"
                      www.battlesceneproductions.net

Comment

Hey Chad, I really appreciate that but he does have to draw my name first!!! I agree RB, She's a beauty!!
                        John Adams, 1770

Comment

The kit isn't that great. Hasagawa and Academy are much better. But the after-market decals are very nice and should help make it a nice build.

Comment

She would look great sitting on my shelf next to my XB-35
                            wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

And the winner is indeed Wefactory!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X