Duncan's bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan's bench.

Ok, I haven't done much work on my models in a while. Here are the ones I'm getting back to.

A paper model of a Korean video game character.
    Currently working on the head.

A 1/72 Zero by Academy.
    Ready for some painting.

An older 1/35 PzII Ausf c by Dragon. It's actually a repackaged Alan kit.
    It'll get another shot of paint to clean it up after the tracks are finished.

Next on the list is a 1/72 B-58 Hustler by Italeri.
    I've been harping on about this one for ages.
    I would really like to get it built for the Vancouver IPMS in Oct.

Comment

The 1/72 B-58 Hustler looks like a nice kit, and doesn't appear to be a complicated assembly. Get her done, mate!
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
      Mark Twain.

Comment

The Zero looks like a good clean build so far, looking forward to seeing paint on it. Like AB said, the 58 looks like a easy build, get it started!

After I finish the XB-70's I am working on am plan to pull out my 48 scale Hustler to start...
        wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

The PZII Ausf C drying out. I put it in a case so that dust doesn't land on it while the paint dries.
          There were some fit problems with the fenders. I had to cut the guide slots larger then fill the gaps with some liquid glue. It was a bit like poorly fitting wing roots. And now it has a final shot of paint to cover up the joints and get in the nooks that the first two coats missed.

Last edited by Duncan; 21 Mar 10, 19:45.

Comment

The PzII Ausf c. ready for details and markings. It'll probably end up with Polish campaign markings.
            I completely forgot that there is a commander figure to put in it.

Last edited by Duncan; 30 Mar 10, 13:11.

Comment

Lookin' good Duncan. Before you get too carried away, the inside of the hatches are the same color as the exterior.
              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                Lookin' good Duncan. Before you get too carried away, the inside of the hatches are the same color as the exterior.
                Hm... I coulda sworn I checked that out.
                The destructions have them listed as flat white.
                I assumed it was an early war thing with the anti-corrosion coating.
                Last edited by Duncan; 30 Mar 10, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                  Hm... I coulda sworn I checked that out.
                  The destructions have them listed as flat white.
                  I assumed it was an early war thing with the anti-corrosion coating.
                  I'm pretty sure they were always the exterior color but I could be wrong.

Comment

Although this is a PzKpfw 1, here is some shots of the hatches.

http://svsm.org/gallery/PzkfzI?page=1
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                      Although this is a PzKpfw 1, here is some shots of the hatches.

http://svsm.org/gallery/PzkfzI?page=1
                      I wondered why the instructions gave it as flat white. I figured it was a similar issue to the early war markings. No one realised yet that open white hatches were a big target and didn't think to paint over the primer on the inside of them.

Comment

http://www.panzerworld.net/interiorcolours

All the photos in Panzer Colors show the exterior color.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                          http://www.panzerworld.net/interiorcolours

All the photos in Panzer Colors show the exterior color.
                          The article shows both. (RAL 1001 = ivory)

Because the interior paint of the German AFVs was generally quite light, the hatches and other areas of interior which could become visible from the outside, are considered to have been typically painted in the colour of the exterior. This wasn't always the case, though, as is pointed out in the photographs below.
                          This Pz.Kpfw.III in Africa has retained its Elfenbein RAL 1001 interior colour.
                          Another Pz.Kpfw.III, this time in Russia. While the hatch is quite dirty, it is evident that it is painted with Elfenbein RAL 1001.
                          It did cause me some consternation. When I was looking up pictures I couldn't find any with the top hatch open except for models. Exterior colour on the inside of the hatch is what I'm used to seeing in WWII AFV models. The box example is in the exterior German Grey. However, the instructions call for flat white.
                          Last edited by Duncan; 30 Mar 10, 20:57.

Comment

Down to weathering, a few little details here and there, and a commander figure. This is in Polish campaign markings. Man that turret is a nice target. Markings changed quickly because the big yellow crosses gave the enemy AT gunners something to put their sights on.

Last edited by Duncan; 11 Apr 10, 20:33.

Comment

From the different articles it seems as though it was more of a crew/unit decision on what color to paint the interior side of the hatches.
                              "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X