Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-34 Mod. 1940 by Dragon 1/35 (Finished Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-34 Mod. 1940 by Dragon 1/35 (Finished Pics)

The Dragon kit is pretty average so I scratchbuilt the base and added the figures from Zvezda to make it more appealing.

LOL, I went so nuts I found real maps on the Internet, shrunk them to tiny thumbnails in Photoshop and printed them out to create the "maps" for the officer's opened map case. Resolution was lost on the shrinking and the images became just a bunch of pixels when printed out but it's good enough.

All kinds of new techniques were tried with this model including how to prepare, stain and varnish a raw wooden base, how to create groundwork with vegetation and how to add "water". Also, no dry-brushing of the tank to create highlights but hand-painting lots and lots of little chips of lighter green color on "worn-out" edges. Mig Jimenez recommends this chip application technique as he scorns upon dry-brushing as primitive.

Last edited by MonsterZero; 16 Mar 10, 23:59.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Can you adjust your images? All I can see is a box with "Content Protected by Owner" in the middle of it.
    wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

great job all around!!!
      wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Nice work MZ, great job!
        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
        Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
        Mark Twain.

Comment

That is Bad A#! MZ!
          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Beautiful.Excellent work on the base.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

mod 40

very nice indeed
              "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
              "The price of freedom, is always blood

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
              m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
              leo2a6m 'the stan'
              leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
              leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
              leo2a4 can.

Comment

Nice piece MZ.
                I think those maps worked out excellently as well.
                BoRG
                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Very nice. Weathering is great. The only thing I would be picky about is you should bring more of the ground work (mud/dust) up onto the tracks and wheels.

The base and ground work itself is really nice too. That's why I never put my kits on these for the most part. I never can get realistic looking grass etc.

Great job.
                  On the Bench
                  75' M50
                  Syrian ZSU-23
                  Egyptian T-54
                  M1A1
                  Syrian SU-100
                  Magach 5
                  67' Centurion Shot
                  73' M-60

Comment

Great work! Your water turned out perfect.
                    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Awesome!!! Were they wearing the blue coveralls in 1944-45?
                      "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Bramage View Post
                        Awesome!!! Were they wearing the blue coveralls in 1944-45?
                        Not necessarily in 1944-1945, but definitely in the years 1935-1941. Check out these photos showing uniforms from the years 1935-1936. My tank model is a 1940 model. In 1940 and 1941 most Soviet troops were still wearing 1930s-style uniforms that were a bit more colorful, such as the blue coverals. Later in the war when the textile industry was struggling to keep up everything tended to be black, gray or other dull colors.

Last edited by MonsterZero; 18 Mar 10, 01:36.

Comment

Originally posted by solo84vw View Post
                          Very nice. Weathering is great. The only thing I would be picky about is you should bring more of the ground work (mud/dust) up onto the tracks and wheels.

The base and ground work itself is really nice too. That's why I never put my kits on these for the most part. I never can get realistic looking grass etc.

Great job.
                          Yes, I'm aware of the groundwork being too shallow but it was my own lack of planning and nothing else. This didn't become apparent until it was too late. However, it can be done easily; with sufficient planning you can sink the model down to the axles if you want and throw the dirt all over the tracks and hull. It shouldn't discourage you from creating earthwork bases.

Comment

Thanks MZ that's a great T-34/75!!!
                            "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

Gun

Errrrrrrrr........... T-34/76.............. ;-))

... A gun is like a parachute - If you need one and do not have one, you probably will not need one again ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X