Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIIIIIncredible Luck!!

Ok I just accomplished a round peg in a square hole moment

The scene, Tamiya Lancaster bomber, 1/48th scale, disaster is not an option, me and this model have too much history together.

Working on the wing assemblies.

Originally I had planned to display it hung from ceiling in flight mode (I rarely like doing landing gear). Not sure if I had assembled the engine nacelles assuming the undercarriage was not going to happen. But anyway, I have done a great deal of work on the nacelles in clean up. Removing them was a never going to happen reality.

Soooo I just completed the undercarriage assemblies as I had changed my mind and plan to display it on the ground (eventually in a nice custom plexigalss box display).

Now normally landing gear is no biggie to assemble. Not so with this Lanc. It's something of a convoluted box looking contraption.
    Aaaaaand it didn't look like assembling it AFTER the nacelles was ever meant to happen (which I realized to my horror upon confirming with the instructions).

Soooo being able to insert the completed landing gear assembly into a very impossible (it would seem at first glance) location wasn't looking likely.

But the gear is made of of a number of struts etc all that bend rather nicely (otherwise this wasn't going to happen).

But dang I managed it hehe
    I think this ranks as my most impossible feat in all my years of making models.

Got any stories of doing the impossible guys?
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

fortitude

I have seen these gear assemblies I step back in fear good going LB HOPE WE SEE IT SOON
    "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
    "The price of freedom, is always blood

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
    m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
    leo2a6m 'the stan'
    leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
    leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
    leo2a4 can.

Comment

You know luck had nothing to do with it. Pure skill
      "At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage."- Roger Sterling, Jr.

Comment

I agree with Dane. I would have had it in several or more pieces trying that.
        "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

..back in the day, the frustration of that would have me inhaling rather deeply of the attachment nectar...
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

You can view my success in my gallery thread
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X