AC-130 Walk Around ....... Ref. Pt. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC-130 Walk Around ....... Ref. Pt. 1

A walk around the Dragon...... Enjoy.......
    Attached Files

... A gun is like a parachute - If you need one and do not have one, you probably will not need one again ...

I am very interested in the pictures you are posting here as I have a AC-130 sitting on the shelf to be built
    wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Sure would hate to be, and feel sorry for whoever is, on the business end of that meat grinder. Ouch.
      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

A friend of mine was stationed at Hurlbert Fl where the AC-130's are stationed. He invited me to see a live fire demo of the AC one evening. It started with one AC flying circles and firing weapons one at a time. I was sitting 3/4 of a mile from the target area and could feel the shock wave and heat from the 105 rounds! For the demo they had 50% tracers, in combat they don't use tracers at all now. the Flir system can pick up the heat from the shells. The grand Finally was 3 AC opening up at one with everything at the same time. That was some fireworks show!!

And you are right, take pity on the target. Chances are they may get a one or two round warning, after that it is lights out. I saw a video were an AC picked of a moving truck on the second shot with it's 105!
        wedmodelfactory.com

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf

Comment

Ac-130/e

The Air Force clams that the 7.62mm MXU-470 can put one round in the center of every foot in a football field...........

... A gun is like a parachute - If you need one and do not have one, you probably will not need one again ...

Comment

Used these on two training missions in Ranger school. Very scary to see these things obliterate a target. It's like whispering death.

A few years later went to Hurlburt Field for AGOS and got a closer look at them from the inside.
            Last edited by Alatriste; 07 Mar 10, 10:02.

Comment

Nice!
              http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Did I hear somewhere that the AF was going to replace the 40mm's with something else due to the age and availability of parts?
                "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
                  Did I hear somewhere that the AF was going to replace the 40mm's with something else due to the age and availability of parts?
                  I heard that Bushmaster had something in the works for a replacement.
                  http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X