Wargaming Conventions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wargaming Conventions?

I'm living in the UCLA (Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama.) Does anyone know of a wargaming convention coming to Atlanta? Or New Orleans? Tampa? Orlando? Or anywhere in the deep South for that matter?

Thanks.

Re: Wargaming Conventions?

Originally posted by Gepard
    I'm living in the UCLA (Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama.) Does anyone know of a wargaming convention coming to Atlanta? Or New Orleans? Tampa? Orlando? Or anywhere in the deep South for that matter?

Thanks.
    Dragon*Con in Atlanta has I think a wargaming section. It's mainly Scifi and fantasy, but there is some wargaming. For exampe they had the NSDM game there last year.

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Thanks

I like Sci Fi and Fantasy also so that might work out well. I will see if I can find something.

Comment

You know, there seems to be a lot of wargamers here in Alabama. We should get together and began our own WarCon.
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Interesting

Actually, that would be an interesting idea. I'm not sure how you go about organizing a wargaming convention.

If I was going to have a wargaming convention in Alabama, I would probably pick Montgomery as the logical location. Maxwell AFB (Air University) is located in Montgomery. Fort Rucker (Home of Army Aviation is only 1.5 hours away in Dothan. If you advertised the event to both the Army and Airforce, you could pick up a few wargamers. Atlanta is only a couple of hours away.

Another option might be to have a much smaller event. Perhaps just rent a room in a Holiday Inn and have an all-weekend gaming session.

Comment

Go to dragoncon.

Play NSDM (www.nsdmg.org).

I think they're doing NSDM linked-miniature games too, which are interesting, although people take too long to play. They use GHQ models and play scenarios from the NSDM game. The scenarios are usually very interesting, but I find myself waiting for 20 minutes a turn for other people to finish up. :drool:

But seriously. Go to DragonCon. Play NSDM.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Dragon*Con-2004
              (Atlanta, GA)
              03-06 Sep

The NSDM staff regrets that we will not be attending DragonCon this year. Look for us to return to Atlanta in 2005, and be sure to let the DragonCon Games Director know that you'd like to see our games there in the future.

I followed the link and got this news.

Comment

Hmm, well it's a good thing I decided not to go to that convention!

The last time I talked with them, they were still planning on being at DragonCon, sorry man!
                “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X