My house under attack by a King Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house under attack by a King Tiger

Here are some pictures of a Tamiya Ardennes Front King Tiger I finished and will be putting into a diorama.
    Attached Files
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

For Doc. S. A barrel shot...
    Attached Files
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

The tank ready to decimate a statue of a Macaw my dad had painted sitting atop my strongbox (which was given to me to lock my X-Box games, only 3 will fit and my little brother plays with and loses my painting stuff more...

Die Vogel am eins uhr... Schiessen!
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!
        http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Nice job!!!
          "Give a soldier an anvil, just a hunk of metal, and drive him out into the desert and leave him. In two weeks - when you go to get him, the anvil will be broken."
          General Creighton Abrams on the need for a soldier proof tank.

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
            For Doc. S. A barrel shot...
            Aw, shucks, you shouldn't have... :bowdown:

Thanks! :thumb:

Dr. S.
            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Well suprisingly I had to do an ambush scheme. Well I don't own an airbrush so I did it all by hand, looks realistic, then watered white glue and baking soda. It will be a diorama of the crew and infantry eating and briefing before the launch of the Ardennes, I need a vehicle to artistically balance it.. A Kubelwagen perhaps,( A motorcycle is in the kit, but I have other plans for it..)

Comment

A Kentlerad (sp) maybe?
                And yes,excellent work.
                Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Well suprisingly I had to do an ambush scheme. Well I don't own an airbrush so I did it all by hand, looks realistic, then watered white glue and baking soda. It will be a diorama of the crew and infantry eating and briefing before the launch of the Ardennes, I need a vehicle to artistically balance it.. A Kubelwagen perhaps,( A motorcycle is in the kit, but I have other plans for it..)
                  How about a SPW-251?

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/germany/sdKfz251.html

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Henschel turret?

Nice work. I built a Tiger I about twenty years ago. Tamiya is a good brand. Fascinating detail. I think it was 1:25 which made it easy to work with. I later built a smaller Royal Tiger with the Porsche turret which I still consider to be the better looking of the two. Although I'm not sure as to its ballistic qualities. Germans sure knew how to design a hard hitting AFV. But I'm not sure which I would dread the most , a King Tiger or a JadgTiger. Either way if I couldn't move fast enough I'd be a goner.

Comment

When I was making models 35 years ago Tamiya was the only brand I'd buy. I must have had close to 30 pieces, regretably they didn't make it thru my many post high school moves......its good to know they still make a quality product.
                      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Well a 251 may be nice as well as a 250 (smaller version). Tamiya is re-tooling their molds finally and are getting good. The kit came with the early war bike, late war bike, Henschel and Porsche turrets and figures. they are doing much better.

Comment

Well a 251 may be nice as well as a 250 (smaller version). Tamiya is re-tooling their molds finally and are getting good. The kit came with the early war bike, late war bike, Henschel and Porsche turrets and figures. they are doing much better.
                          For what you are describing; you'd want a Kubelwagon and/or a Schwimwagon as well.

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

lodestar on models of yesterday and today

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                            When I was making models 35 years ago Tamiya was the only brand I'd buy. I must have had close to 30 pieces, regretably they didn't make it thru my many post high school moves......its good to know they still make a quality product.
                            I on the other hand, still have every model, Tamiya or any other brand, made or unmade I ever collected and every set of decals and spare plastic parts that I obtained.

Every spare centimetre of space in my home is viewed as a potential display area for my models and every visitor is buttonholed and regaled with stories of my model-making prowess and descriptions of the epic scale of my collection.

How has this affected my family?
                            You know? I completely forgot to ask!

Still you are right they were and remain terrific kits which set a benchmark of accuracy and moulding finesse over forty years ago.

The original Tiger I kit was masterpiece and recently matched by their Char B, which some of my model-making buddies say is one of the best 1/35th scale AFV kits of the past few decades.

You should get back into model-making when you retire. The range of available kits these days is great.

Regards lodestar

Comment

Is it my imagination, or is this a nearly 10 year old thread
                              Life is change. Built models for decades.
                              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X