1/6th scale figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/6th scale figures

I collect 1/6 scale figures German, American, british, and Jappanese, do any of you collect?
    Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

I don't really collect!

BUT! I do have a German Motorcycle and Sidecar by The Ultimate Soldier and the G.I. Joe Navy Gunner.

dog

Comment

to moondog (collecting)

Hey Moondog 1/6th figure collecting has really become a popular hobby for many people who are interested in WWII. If you need any help in starting a new collection please don't feel afraid to ask. I've been doing it for seven years and have more than 30 figures.
      Peter Williams

Comment

Oh man - scads of them --- well not so much for the last year or so --- but I got a 'decent' collection I think.

I am sorta in the envisioning a photo album page -a virtual display shelf, if you will.

Mainly I do WWII - mainly Dragon - although I got all of the Allied BBI D-Day figures originally released ..

Got Stonewall & R E Lee from Sideshow -- as well as the 1915 German trooper and von Richthofen.

I think my next fig might be that Otto Carius figure once it makes it Stateside.

Comment

I think my next fig might be that Otto Carius figure once it makes it Stateside.
          At the risk of sounding ignorant,who's that?

Ive got close to a hundred,Mostly modern ones tho.
          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Otto Carius -- one of those CyberHobby Exclusives

http://www.cyber-hobby.com/html/70320.htm

Yeh the dagger is just drawn on there - Dragon seems to do that with their prototypes...

Er oh - who -well I only know the basics -- he was a German Army tanker ace - on the same level as Michael Wittman...

What I like about the figure is the Army dress uniform ... something new...

Although since you made me look I found this new one they got posted too.

http://www.cyber-hobby.com/html/70334.html

Comment

Edmund

Do any of You have the Dragon Edmund seitz figure??
              Peter Williams

Comment

Man I am horrible with the names on them.

I had to look it up - that's the SS oficer with the peaked cap, the camo smock and pants - with an Mp-44 -- yeh I got it (the regular version - I think about a year ago - thinkinng I got it off of Ebay, but not positive (I also just figured out that I have no pics of that fig either )

Comment

I had a 1944 American Mountain Division soldier and a Vietnam Era Green Beret in tiger stripe fatigues. I named the GI "Bruce" and I named the Green Beret "Puddin'".

Bruce and Puddin' are a cute couple that live on a shelf in my basement. Last Month they went to Massachusetts and got Married and now they are trying to adopt the baby Jesus from our holiday nativity scene.
                  Givin' you the scoop, the poop, the skinny and the scuttlebutt since 1969!

Comment

Look, I don't deny that the names slapped on there by Dragon are silly - I personally don't use them, because of that...

I also recall paying about 50.00 for a 101st Paratrooper - then deciding if people were paying 300.00+ for it - who was I to keep it out of circulation.

I also recall getting a freebie Wehrmacht splinter pattern camo parka - as well as a Oak Leaf pattern camo hat - which someone paid 75.00 and 38.00 for respectively -

So feel free to laugh it up.

It isn't like I can afford the real gear.

Comment

Ultimate soldier

Do you guys know that 21st century has made WWII Germans, Americans, British, Russian, and Jappanese. And they are only $30.00!!:thumb: :thumb:
                      Peter Williams

Comment

Yeah,I agree that Dragon's names for their figures tend to give them a "Barbie and Ken" feel. However,I suspect this is done to make figures of historical figures without paying royalties,etc.
                        I once saw a LSSAH Major named "Kurt" who was the spitting image of "Panzer" Mayer plus,There's also one of a modern female U.S. Army soldier who bears a striking resemblence to a former Iraqi POW.
                        Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

THAT is excellent.
                          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

Favorite company

What is your favorite 1/6 scale company?
                            Peter Williams

Comment

I have yet to buy something from Dragon but the nexyt one I get probably will be. Most of mine are Hasbro. Not only are they affordable,but are durable enough that I can get down on the floor and play with my kids. The 21 Century ones are almost as good and the BBI ones I have,while cool looking,lose componants
                              easily.

I even have a shelffull of the "soldiers of the world" like that you used to find at K mart.
                              Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X