M4/M26 hybrid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4/M26 hybrid

I'm looking to get back into scale modelling in 1/72 scale and I see a lot out there I plan to build. There is one I'd like to build in 1/35, the best tank of WWII that never hit the battlefield...the M4 with the Pershing turret. I see it by UM in 1/72 and will build that but I'd really like a bigger one...'cause I really like it. Has anyone found one? I've searched a bit but haven't found one. If I have to I'll combine two kits but that seems a waste of money. If anyone has found one please let me know.
    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Best is to probably find two really cheap kits and combine them, maybe a couple of old Tamiya kits. I tried find something but no luck.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Surely the thing would sink up to its eyeballs in mud with that huge turret on a chassis with such narrow tread as well as spacing between them?

The single prototype tank built by Chrysler in the summer of 1944 that had a 90mm gun T26 turret mounted on an M4(105) chassis. The T26 and M4 tanks had the same turret ring. The project was canceled by the Ordnance Dept. after it became apparent that this tank still needed to be tested, would not likely arrive in the combat theater any sooner than the T26 tank, and would most likely interfere with the T26 production effort.
      T26_turret_on_M4_chassis.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
        Best is to probably find two really cheap kits and combine them, maybe a couple of old Tamiya kits. I tried find something but no luck.
        I've been looking too but no luck. I think Verlinden made a Pershing turret accessory but it was not cheap.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
          Surely the thing would sink up to its eyeballs in mud with that huge turret on a chassis with such narrow tread as well as spacing between them?

I read that the turret was mounted on two tanks, an M4A3 and an Easy Eight. I think the flotation was better on the E8 and could handle it. Either way if the Jumbo was able to move about without too many problems I'm guessing this hybrid could. All guesswork for me because I can't find weights for each turret.
          John

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post

Daut ist bad ting why?

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X