models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• models

I didn't see it listed but does anyone enjoy model building/collecting.......and toy soldiers? I made a run at a set of old Revell models called the "Combat Teams" but lost out to a more avid collector out in California. I still build models though I have to concede that they are not nearly the quality of the ones pictured in the magazines.

I love models, but I haven't got the time or, more importantly, the patience to build them I'm afraid. I take my hat off to those who can sit painting tiny models for hours with a brush that only has one bristle.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

My father and I have a huge collection of 1/72 US and Soviet aircarft going from Jenny's and B10s through F-22s and Berkuts. We've kinda run out of room after putting up the B-36, B-52, B-1, Backfire, and Valkyrie though. Eventually the fighters will probably migrate over to my house as he makes room for his trains.
      If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Myself, I've been modeling for about 7 years now and still going. In fact thats what got me into military history in the first place. All thanks to my

Dad: He's been painting for about 30 years now the last seven of which have been professionally. He's made a few thousand selling his models, he always gets kicked out of shows and such because of his prowess. He has built an Me-109 for G. Gordon Liddy and a model of the Enola Gay for Col. Paul Tibbets who signed it for the guy my dad built it for and then signed a copy of a book and wrote about how much he liked the plane and gave the book to my dad.

We're both pushing that a modeling and wargaming section be put into the mag and he could write articles and stuff.
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I have been modelling for as long as I can remember and now run a small business that manufactures and paints tin soldiers, mostly to do with the wars fought in my country South Africa.
          Have a look at www.everysinglesoldier.co.za and tell me what you think !

Comment

Re: models

Originally posted by john
            I didn't see it listed but does anyone enjoy model building/collecting.......and toy soldiers? I made a run at a set of old Revell models called the "Combat Teams" but lost out to a more avid collector out in California. I still build models though I have to concede that they are not nearly the quality of the ones pictured in the magazines.
            I am old enough to remember that when it first came out back in the 1950s. It consisted of an armored car, a 105 mm howitzer, a truck and a tank.

They were not in the same scale since back then plastic was less expensive than the box it came in. So these kits were made in what was called box scale.

I think this set would only be worthwhle for collectors since more modern kis are so much better.

Irv
            Irv Feldman

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
              I love models, but I haven't got the time or, more importantly, the patience to build them I'm afraid. I take my hat off to those who can sit painting tiny models for hours with a brush that only has one bristle.

Dr. S.

Yeah I can see that. And don't forget about the magnifying glass.

Most modelers would only do that for small or tiny details. The rest of the kit would be painted using an airbrush. And of course, these days some even add photoethched details as well.

Irv
              Irv Feldman

Comment

I mostly model ships but I've done aircraft, armor and car here and there. Right now I've got several projects I'm working on. These include a 1/48 Memphis Belle, 1/350 Titatnic and I'm gathering information to build every aircraft ever flown by the Blue Angels.

I'd be happy to help anyone here with their modelling as I've been doing since I was 8 and that was in 1956.

Irv
                Irv Feldman

Comment

My moddeling experience

I started doing models when I was sixteen. Sine then I have put together a Flak 88, Me-109, Me-262, BF10B, SBD Dauntlass, and about fifteen model scale german soldiers. I put them together, painted them, painted their gear and put the gear on them. I had to use a magnifying glass because the pieces were so small.
                  The most nervous I ever got was when I was putting together a MG-42 machine gun team. I had to build the tripod for the gun, TALK ABOUT STRESS. I have stopped with models and have been doing 1/66 scale figures for over 7 years now. My collection stands at thirty plus something!!!!

Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X