Paintball at Ft. Bragg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintball at Ft. Bragg

Me and a friend during high school became probably the first two in our county to get involved in paintball. We joined a league then for about two years, back when it was only a fledgling sport. If I may add, I won the game for our team on my very first outing. Something I'm still proud of.
    When I joined the Army and moved to Ft. Bragg, I was unpleasantly surprised to find that hardly anyone had ever heard of paintball! Here, the home of the 82nd Airborne, the most highly-trained and lethal Army division in the world, and they don't know what it is?!
    Well, me and my single-shot Splatmaster gathered what few men that were interested together and began to hold classes. Long story short, when I left Bragg in 1999, paintball was a household word there.
    Alas, I've not played very much at all since leaving, but I saw this story in the Paraglide and got a warm fuzzy: paintball is still alive and kicking at Bragg. You're welcome. :thumb:

www.paraglideonline.net/sports.shtml
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Great stuff, Jim! Thanks for the link!

Would you have any pictures from your paintball adventures? They'd be great additions to the thread. I've always wanted to be a little more involved in PB than I am, but haven't really had a lot of opportunity to get out and do it. I have a couple of sons and a daughter growing up now, though; so I think I can have some fun (and take out some parental aggression? ) in a few more years!
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Negative on the pics, sorry. As soon as I get settled in after my move, I'm gonna see how the PB action is around here, if any. I'll certainly have my camera with me then.
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Would you be able to take a few snaps to share with us, if you had the chance to plan it in advance? If you offered to do a full out spread, I could see if we couldn't budge the proprietor for a group discount? Maybe he'd offer a bit of a break for some exposure, and we could benefit with a full pictorial on the mission?
        "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Getting this section started really has to start with the enthusiasts!

Winston Churchill

Comment

But of course, Armchair General would get any paintball pics I happen to snap! Since I'm getting an inside track here, I think it's only right. I've never done a paintball story yet, but I could manage it easily enough.
            Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X