Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte"

I am very interested about Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte".

I would like to manufacture a model in the scale 1/35 and I need the plants.

But I don't get to find detailed plans .

Please where I could find the plants of this project?

Could you help me?

Thank you very much for the attention.

Welcome to the forums mate, hope you stick around!

As for plans for the Ratte, they might vary somewhat due to no working model ever been built but here is what I found for you.

I would suggest to stay close to these measurements and allow your imagination to finish it off, there was no final design as far as I'm aware so do what you can with this material provided and enjoy building it.

If built, P.1000 would have dwarfed its little cousin, Maus. Intended to be 35m long, 14m wide and 11m high, and armed with an ex-Kreigsmarine turret with two 28cm SchiffsKanone C/28. In other words a triple turret similar to those used on the Graf Spee class, but without the centre gun. Each gun weighed 48.2 tons and had a barrel length of nearly 15m. Projectiles were 1.2m long, Panzersprenggranate (armour piercing) rounds weighing 330 kg each and containing 8.1kg of explosive, or 315kg Sprenggranate (high explosive) rounds containing 17.1kg of explosive. The maximum range of these guns was 42.5km (26 miles). Some sort of secondary anti-aircraft armament in the form of 2cm Flak guns was planned.

One feature of the design, as indicated on the drawing, was the use of triple tracks, each individual track being 1.2m wide. Power was to have been eight Daimler marine engines (presumably E-boat), developed to produce a total 16,000 hp.
    On June 23,1942, Dir. Dip. Ing. Grote (along with Dr.Hacker) from the Ministry of Armament, who was responsible for the production of U-Boots suggested the development of a tank with a weight of 1,000 tons. Hitler himself expressed interest in this project and allowed Krupp to go ahead with it. The project was designated as the Krupp P.1000 (Ratte - Rat). This behemoth "land cruiser" would be 35 meters long, 14 meters wide and 11 meters high. P.1000 would be equipped with 3.6 meters wide tracks per side made of three 1.2 meters tracks, similar to those used in excavators working in coalmines. It was planned to power P.1000 with two MAN V12Z32/44 24 cylinder Diesel marine engines with total power of 17,000hp (2 x 8,500hp) or with eight Daimler-Benz MB501 20 cylinder Diesel marine engines with total power of 16,000hp (8 x 2,000hp). According to the calculations, this would allow the P.1000 to travel at maximum speed of 40 km/h. P.1000 would be armed with a variety of weapons such as: two 280mm gun (naval gun used in Scharnhorst and Gneisenau warships), single 128mm gun, eight 20mm Flak 38 anti-aircraft guns and two 15mm Mauser MG 151/15 guns!!!

This comparison below with the Panther tank would be a good start!

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

Talk about a challenge. Good luck.
      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Talk about a Land Battlecrusier!
        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Well, some one has done a Ratte already... in 1/87 scale (I think!)

Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Very unusual. That would be an interesting topic.

Comment

I didn't know what the 'Ratte' was until I saw this. My god! There wouldn't be a road strong enough to support such a beast. I wonder what they expected of it cross-country.

Welcome to the forum Orlando. I hope we get to see your project.
              The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
              Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Impressive as hell! But 1/35 would really be something.
                ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I admire the guys who scratch build stuff like this, I have seen it first hand with a mate who is heavily involved with 40K and builds his own machines.
                  The post I did before with the photos of the Ratte in progress is cool, although I do feel the builder has gone beyond the original concept and sexed it up somewhat.
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte"

Achtung baby,thank you very much for the good arrivals.

Thank you very much for the answers friends.

Scratchbuilding`s Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte" demands a lot of research really.

Parts of this project are difficult to solve exactly.

For example:

Which the form of the wheels and track links exactly?

Exactly to support the enormous
                    weight?

And many more technical subjects...

Friends, our hobby is fantastic!!!

Really amazing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post

Not necessarily because it's never been built and even blueprints cannot agree with one another on what the tank was supposed to look like. This means you can use your imagination and common sense. More than research, you need an enormous box of spare parts from older models.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

that is pretty amazing, think you could have a life sized one delivered to me for x-mas?
                        i need something to drive to school and work.

but seriously good job on that.
                        the answer is on the floor- john roseberry

A tiger dies and leaves his fur,
                        A man dies and leaves his name,
                        A teacher dies and teaches death.
                        Seikchi Toguchi 1917-1998

Comment

For example:

weight?

Really amazing!!!
                          Peace mate and good luck.
                          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

p-1000 scratch build

I am very interested about Landkreuzer P-1000 "Ratte".

I would like to manufacture a model in the scale 1/35 and I need the plants.

But I don't get to find detailed plans .

Please where I could find the plants of this project?

Could you help me?

Thank you very much for the attention.
                            thair are several picturs of my scratch built p-1000 , in 1/72nd. scale in the model museum.

Comment

one thought

For example:

weight?

Really amazing!!!
                              start with the suspention of the 60cn mosur Karl , use 3 tracts on each side. the length of the tank is determined by : the length on the engins = finde a cutaway german submerien model and scale the size of the engins up to the size of your model=the ratte was powered by two u-boat engins. Then reverce enginear two railway gun models=leapold, back into navole guns, include the length of the gun riecoil to determin the turret ring diameter model the shape of the turret house on abattle ship turret. Rotate the back of the turret around to the front of the tank, add rome for the drivers compartment hatch. This will give you the length of the tank. Refer to my 1/72nd.scale model in the model museum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X