opinions on warhammer 40k's tactical worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on warhammer 40k's tactical worth

i play warhammer 40,000(40k) and i was just wondering if any one on here knew what it was, and if u think that it has any worth in teach tactics (i know that the demons and lasers and plasma weapons and what not cant really be used, but over all do u think its good?)
    the answer is on the floor- john roseberry

A tiger dies and leaves his fur,
    A man dies and leaves his name,
    A teacher dies and teaches death.
    Seikchi Toguchi 1917-1998

Originally posted by General_Jacke View Post
    i play warhammer 40,000(40k) and i was just wondering if any one on here knew what it was, and if u think that it has any worth in teach tactics (i know that the demons and lasers and plasma weapons and what not cant really be used, but over all do u think its good?)
    First of all welcome to the forums mate!

I have a mate who is a dedicated 40K fanatic and is on several forums with a lot of followers looking at his conversions and finished models.
    I have read that some guys eventually give up 40K due the ever changing codex rules... build your own army and find the weapons are latter rendered obsolete, not fun!

As a game I haven't played it myself but from what I have read it is complex to the beginners but following the basic skills and tactics you quickly grasp the concept, so I'm told.

Some members here play it so they may be of more help than I, cheers mate.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

Welcome mate. I've only ever seen the figures and have no idea about the game. Seems to me that whatever gets people away from their Playstations and PCs...ie. painting and then playing with figures, can't be a bad thing.
      The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
      Sideshow Bob.

Comment

It's all good (for tactics).

Essentially, "tactics" is employing one's forces in a mixed and balanced fashion.

So whether it's ancient weapons, WW2, cyber punk, or warhammer 40K, it's all capable of training tactics.

Don't let the fantasy genre get disregarded just because it's fantasy genre.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

If you had free reign and cheaper models as well as people who are there to create a realistic army and not power game... Then 40k is a decent strategy game, even more so in that with the pts system you are limited in your resources and with the different battle sytles you are limited in your choices of what you can field as well.

The individual armies are very characteristic in themselves. The Dark Eldar are made to use a few units made to soak fire to do so while the rest sweep in a raid fashion to get engaged and tie down the rest of the enemy.

Vanilla Space Marines pretty much leave you with open options, you can be a shooty army or a stabby one, a balance, or you can go for some hardcore special units.

And Imperial Guard should be fielded pretty much like Napoleonic infantry, you have to use the 8,000,000 shots you can take a turn in conjunction with your tanks and assault units to make them work effectively.

But I go for themed armies and models that look cool. So I lose often, but I refuse to tote nothing but the most powerful stuff because it doesn't fit the character of my Space Marine Chapter.

Now I love Battlefleet Gothic its like Ships of the Line battles with modern twists like torpedoes, fighter craft and mines.
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

at its core warhamer is a good game but i find it has become a cash cow
            if i was you id grab a copy of warhammer historical
            FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY
            BAN ME NOW

Comment

I'd say it can be useful. After all you do have tanks and artillery and infantry and planes (kind of). But you shouldn't use an army with too many close combat features. Like, oh I don't know. . .Tyranids? Stick with Imperial Guard (or really any of the "humans") and maybe Eldar / Dark Eldar.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                I'd say it can be useful. After all you do have tanks and artillery and infantry and planes (kind of). But you shouldn't use an army with too many close combat features. Like, oh I don't know. . .Tyranids? Stick with Imperial Guard (or really any of the "humans") and maybe Eldar / Dark Eldar.
                i love the IG, big guns, big tanks, more big guns, and more big tanks.
                ya i also like how realistic they can look
                the answer is on the floor- john roseberry

A tiger dies and leaves his fur,
                A man dies and leaves his name,
                A teacher dies and teaches death.
                Seikchi Toguchi 1917-1998

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X