Some inspiration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some inspiration!

I just stumbled upon this cute little build by Bengt Johansson, a fellow Swedish builder that he recently posted on IPMS Stockholms forum. I thought that it would be nice to share this beauty with you all. I find it impressive that this is done in 1:72. He warns that the last wash haven't dried just yet on the painted pictures so that's why there's a little sheen. A real masterpiece in my mind.

The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
    ----
    We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Amazing!
    The free world knows, out of the bitter wisdom of experience, that vigilance and sacrifice are the price of liberty.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    April 16, 1953

Comment

Nice! I've been wanting to try Vallejo paints but hate to make the serious investment in new paints.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Very nice, indeed!!
        I've been working with the Vallejo paints, and will say I like them a great deal. They brush well, and the Air series goes throught the airbrush very nicely.

Ham
        Semper Fi
        Doug

Comment

Amazing amount of work there, would look cool in a diorama for sure!
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
          Mark Twain.

Comment

McCoy loves his little models eh?
            What a beauty though and in 1/72! Thanks mate.
            The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
              McCoy loves his little models eh?
              What a beauty though and in 1/72! Thanks mate.
              Oh, but this build isn't mine! I'm far from that in quality.
              The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
              ----

Comment

I know mate...but you aren't far from that kind of finish I think. Sometimes, as I've found in the last say, two years...it's all about learning a few tricks. You need an airbrush . For a guy who pulls off what you do with brush painting, I can only imagine what you would be doing after some spraying practice.
                The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Thanks! I really would like to have an airbrush but I've not room or possibillitys for a spraybox that can evacuate the "healthy" fumes n' so on. On that topic, is there some colour that you can use indoors without a great healthrisk while sprayin'?
                  ----

Comment

That Guy does good work!
                    A real 'weathering' guy after my own heart. Do you have any more pics of his stuff McCoy?
                    http://www.ebay.com/usr/froglevelzcool

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
                      Thanks! I really would like to have an airbrush but I've not room or possibillitys for a spraybox that can evacuate the "healthy" fumes n' so on. On that topic, is there some colour that you can use indoors without a great healthrisk while sprayin'?
                      Well, they say acrylics are less toxic but I still wouldn't be inhaling them if I could help it. When I rented houses, I used to just spray outside. It's not ideal but better than nothing. Nowadays I just open all three windows and wear a mask. It's the best I can do. Of course opening the windows allows all kinds of 'guests' into the room. They are then attracted to my lights...I have trouble keeping insects off my drying paint sometimes. I looked into having an extractor fan installed with some whizz-bang lights but the sparky said that the whole lower floor of our house was illegally wired. If he did what I asked, he would have been obliged to rewire the whole floor.
                      Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Looks bloody awful to me, way over done. I think the real masters of weathering know when to stop, not just keep doing it. No wonder it doesn't have a crew, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it when it was fired!!

Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
                          Looks bloody awful to me, way over done. I think the real masters of weathering know when to stop, not just keep doing it. No wonder it doesn't have a crew, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it when it was fired!!

I know what your saying mate, it does appear to look like a abandoned weapon... never see many figures "weathered" like their equipment eh!!!
                          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah maybe a bit over done, i was looking at my WW2 mag cover, it has
                            an US Arty piece during the battle of the Bulge, other than some snow
                            covering some of it, it looks in great shape.
                            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

It looks ok to me if you consider that whitewash did wear off n' by the time of spring this look was quite possible.
                              ----

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X