Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PzKpFw IV Ausf. D DAK

Well I think that it's time to show my 8th build

Here's my try at an PzKpFw IV Ausf. D that was delivered to DAK painted in panzergrau and the crew didn't like that so they painted irregular stripes all over the panzer using captured British sandyellow paint.

The figures isn't from the kit due to the fact that the figures that comes with the kit is in uniforms that belongs in the Poland campaign '39. The driver comes from Tamiya's old #35001 set with panzer crew and the commander is from Academy's panzer crew set. Otherwise I've finished the AFV OOtB except for the figures.

Once again the figures aint good n' the old Tamiya #35096 wasn't that good to build but it's a model from the seventies so you can't expect so much from the kit.

The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
    ----
    We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Here's the rest of the pics as the forumcode is limiting the number of pics in one post!

The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
    ----

Comment

Fantastic dry brushing there mate, love how it highlights the details.

I'm still trying to work out how to do rust properly, looking at your work it makes me keen to try harder!

Well done mate, excellent model.
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

Good job! You're improving on each build too.

Comment

Thanks! I really had fun painting this disaster for a model.
          ----

Comment

Disaster?!? It's gorgeous man. I LOVE that camo scheme. For a guy who only paints with a brush, I think your work is excellent.
            The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Thanks!

Well it really was a big P.I.A. to put together with bad fit with some parts.
              ----

Comment

Very good job indeed, i love the camo scheme!
                Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you!

I wanted something different and remembered that the AFV's in the beginnin' was delivered to north Africa in the ordinary panzergrau painting n' didn't want a normal one colour desert paintjob on this one.
                  ----

Comment

Is the tank itself the Tamiya kit?
                    The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                    Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
                      Is the tank itself the Tamiya kit?
                      Yes, it's the old Tamiya kit from the seventies!
                      ----

Comment

I know it well. These pics are great for me at the moment. I'm comparing it with Dragon's Ausf. E offering. A way more complex kit but Tamiya's still looks good considering its age. Again...excellent work McCoy. A really attractive paint job.
                        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Isn't that kit that have the option of removing the drivesprockets n' the drivesprocket housing in order to show of the gears inside?

Thanks again! I really like the sexy /L24 gun on the early IV's. I've got TriStar's "old" Ausf. D in my stash (Tri #35015) n' that one is more than a tad more detailed n' complex. Hoping to build it during the winter.
                          ----

Comment

Yep that's the one. It's a '3-in-1' kit. It has two lower hulls, one with welded applique armour and one without. Decals for 6 vehicles eithe DAK or Eastern front. For $60 Aussie, I wonder if I'd ever build Tamiya again.
                            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

I still like Tamiya but I also like Dragon. Please do a DAK version. Desert vehicles is so sexy you know...
                              ----

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X