Aztek problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aztek problem.

I'm having a problem with my 12 year old Aztek. Since I know some of you guys use one, I'm wondering if anybody knows what I should do. The problem is this;

Sometimes, after a good clean, the handpiece sounds like it has an air leak and the spray seems about half as strong. The air sounds kinda 'hollow' or like it's being shot through a tube just to give an idea of the sound. I've tried different nozzles and also checked my compressor. It seems to be the handpiece and it only happens sometimes. Clearly, I need to fix the problem or replace the brush because I can't do what I want to with a sick brush. Any ideas or comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Peace
    The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
    Sideshow Bob.

Could it be in your air hose?

I seriously doubt this could be it, because few folks have such hose types, but sometimes - if you have one - an airhose might be one of a few layers/plys & the inner most layer might become seperated &, if it has a hole in it, start taking a little air between the layers, thus 'collapsing' the inside dimensions of the hose enough to cut your discharge pressure...

Hope you can fix whatever it is, mate!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Check the rubber stopper where the airhose connects.

Comment

Nick..if ya get cleaning fluid in the Handhold part of the brush, it will do that....I just crank up the compressor and dry it out by spraying air.....Usually clears out of mine in a few minutes
        Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
        In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
        Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

That makes sense Panzer since I may have had fluid in the handpiece after cleaning inside where the nozzles screw in. But would this explain the loss of pressure? The sound 'sounds' like it's coming from the tip end of the brush, so it isn't the rubber stopper as Duncan suggested and my other airbrush works fine so it ain't the hose. I'd use the other brush but I got it when I had bucks. It's a fine instrument and not really suitable for large coverage...it's more a Luftwaffe/Regia Aeronautica special. The other thing to note is that this airbrush is a good twelve or so years old...maybe it's just worn out.
          Thanks gents...I'll keep trying stuff or just save up for an Iwata.
          Peace
          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X