Mr. Hobby Pro Spray Mk-5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Hobby Pro Spray Mk-5?

Just picked this up at a local toy store at 20% off.

http://www.astrohobby.com.au/catalogue/category35/p1388

Just wondering if anyone has used Gungze Sangyo airbrushes or this particular model. Heck regular price is about 6090 this one was 4872.

I also picked up this kit:
    http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949839
    Just want to see how these are as 1/35 kits, think they might fit in with the next model build? Not really a big Gundam fan (I'm more Battletech), only 08th MS team. Its the more realistic with the heroes as normal pilots not overskilled and powerful like the rest in the universe. Picked this up for 2100 so I got both for less than like $60.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Item is referred to as "High Quality Airbrush Set".

Hmm image is everything though, and it looks too low tech to me. That might be unfair, but hey that's the logic normally used in the marketplace. I just assume that airbrushes usually look like a Paasche.

Gunze Sanyo paints are nice to use though. They intentionally make the bottles the proper size to be just attached to an average airbrush. That and their paints are usually a little thinner than most acrylics making them more airbrush friendly.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

That's an external mix/suction feed brush so I don't think you'll get very fine lines out of it. Might be good for general coverage though. The figures look to be nicely molded.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I'm with Shaker... good for general coverage & especially T Shirts...

Not much unlike, & about as useful as an old Testors airbrush for canned air. (Easily converted to compressor. I'm sure canned air fits your needs a bit more easily in your particular circumstances.) I still use mine quite a bit for generic type stuff that I might use a rattle can on, otherwise. Not a bad thing to have around at all, BB!

Haven't kept up on exchange rates for a few... translate?

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Picked this up for ¥2100 so I got both for less than like $60.
          Admiral....
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Oh.. I didn't see the $s... that sounds like a steal, BB!

I'm lookin forward to seein the squad... they look pretty well detailed.

Damn... wish I could find deals like that!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

20% off of everything in their stock in teh models sectino so airbrushes, brushes, paints, kits, Gundam kits are all 20% off Thats why I went with the airbrush... according to the manual it can get a decently thin line I'm not looking for pencil. But I'd say its thin enough to do that squiggly night fighter pattern.

Had a Pz I A Smart Kit from Dragon but a PZ I just ain't my kinda tank and neither was teh Deluxe Elefant. But a few Tamiyas (including an interesting 1/25 T34/76.) and lots of older Dragons. Not an up to date store either... now if I could only get to Hiroshima where I hear there is a large and dedicated hobby store...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X