When is enough enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is enough enough?

Duncan made a statement in another thread that he has enough models on his shelves. My question is how many do YOU have on your shelves, and do you think it's "enough"?

My shelves currently hold about 700 unbuilt kits. Is that enough? Not if they keep producing new kits, or my tastes change.

Ham
    Semper Fi
    Doug

I have about 160. At my current rate it would take me about 50 years to build them. So basically I need to retire tomorrow. My other problem is that we live in a small condo. When we bought this place we purged. But between my models and my wife's fabrics it's getting crowded again. I don't like clutter.

I always tell myself I'm not going to buy anymore. But the annual model show is so much fun. I always walk out of there with a few from door prize raffles. I also find shopping online and at the hobby shop almost therapeutic. It's a pleasant way to pass the time... and oh oh one or two more won't hurt will they?

Comment

I have only four unbuilt, donations are welcomed
      Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

I only have five or six unbuilt and about the same built. This is enough for me considering how slow I am. I've decided that I must finish two before I can buy one. Too many models are never enough but then I tend to binge on my hobbies. Who knows, maybe next week I'll ditch my modelling for a few years and get back into my painting and drawing.
        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

If you have room for 5 you don't get 6.

If you have 50, you can't want 60.

The solution is when you want that one too many kits, the least favoured of the current mob gets donated or something.

"Bye loser, I need a new model"
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

My problem is i don't buy to many, I start to many! I currently have 7 started kits and one unstarted kit. Time and motivation are the two things I am lacking. Mainly because of summer, now winter is here I am doing more with them. I have spent the last week building an aircraft carrier which I don't really like. It is the one Hannats sent me I didn't order. Just have this thing in my head that I have to finish it to continue with the rest.

Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by hamy3 View Post
              My shelves currently hold about 700 unbuilt kits. Is that enough? Not if they keep producing new kits, or my tastes change.
              Sounds like fun collecting unbuilt kits, but I donīt have that much storage space, I collect Danis coins from 1873 and forward
              When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
              Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I buy the kits I want when they go on sale. I suppose I have 12-13 armor kits and about 30 figures. Always room for more.
                If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
                  My problem is i don't buy to many, I start to many! I currently have 7 started kits and one unstarted kit. Time and motivation are the two things I am lacking. Mainly because of summer, now winter is here I am doing more with them. I have spent the last week building an aircraft carrier which I don't really like. It is the one Hannats sent me I didn't order. Just have this thing in my head that I have to finish it to continue with the rest.

I used to be the same about not starting a new one before I finished the old. But I got over that. I have a couple started and then packed away again. I'll get back to them. In the meantime, I've finished two. If something isn't inspiring me for some reason, I put it away and start a new kit, either from the stash or from the shop. The Group Builds have been good for me finishing stuff.
                  The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                  Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Because I'm getting back into making models I have none to look back on, tossed them away or gave some to friends!

I'm building two models at once... get tired of one, work on the other!
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                    Bukowski

Comment

I only have eight models left to show for 35 years of building. I must have built close to 1000 kits over those years. I remember building Airfix's 1/24 Hurricane in two weeks. The same project now would take me a year.
                      Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                        Berlin.1945
                        by casanova
                        The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                        Yesterday, 23:41
                      • casanova
                        AW 169M
                        by casanova
                        The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                        Yesterday, 23:26
                      • JBark
                        What changed?
                        by JBark
                        There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                        Yesterday, 18:54
                      Working...
                      X