Stryker Build Thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryker Build Thread..

Attached is a pic of the 1/35 M1026 Stryker ICV kit from AFV Club layed-out. Sorry for the poor pic, but my wife has the good camera, so I had to use my phone.

This is a very nice kit on first look, and one of the large trees is nothing but suspension parts, which I just finished assembling.

Still deciding on the scratchbuild slat armor, but it will definitely be made AFTER the kit itself is complete.
    Attached Files

Cool, looking forward to seeing more!
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Update: Suspension and bolt-ons...

The suspension is fairly involved, but nothing anyone here couldn't handle. The directions are MOSTLY accurate, and there are some actual pics of the stryker for detail work:

Even the wheels have a few extra doo-dads...

The part that gets me is all of the bolt-on armor this thing has! There are some VERY small armor plates that need to be put on, and there are some very small struts that support the baskets on the sides...

not to mention the usual miniscule handles and lift-eyes and such...

Well, that's it for now! I spent about 4 hours on her today, and likely won't get that many unfettered hours for awhile, but I'll keep plugging away!

Curt

Comment

The suspension looks just like doing a Spw 232.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Now this looks like fun, Curt!

I really must get into land armor one of these years...

I look forward to this, as the Stryker is of some interest to me.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

The kit looks nice. Really good detail. The suspension reminds me of the Revell Fuchs, which is complicated in 1/35 or 1/72. The Stryker, being a new kit, makes a nice comparison to the 40 year old AMX13. We can see the enormous improvements in the new kits. I look forward to seeing it progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              The kit looks nice. Really good detail. The suspension reminds me of the Revell Fuchs, which is complicated in 1/35 or 1/72.
              That's about where the similarity ends, this kit looks much cleaner than the Revell Fuchs. I built all three variants and cleaned as much flash from those three kits as I have dozens of others. Had some serious fit problems too.
              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
              ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                That's about where the similarity ends, this kit looks much cleaner than the Revell Fuchs. I built all three variants and cleaned as much flash from those three kits as I have dozens of others. Had some serious fit problems too.
                This is one of the cleanest model kits I've ever done. The details are amazing and almost no flash at all!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                  You're right. I've built the 1/35 and 1/72. The 1/72 is better, maybe because you can get away with less in that scale. There is not enough detail for the 1/35. The Stryker is way better.

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                    The suspension looks just like doing a Spw 232.
                    Wow it looks like they used the blue prints from the Germans 232?
                    Incredible how they still seem to influnece todays armys
                    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                      Why mess with something that's not broken? The Germans had some seriously stout military technology rise out of WWII, and really, when you think about it, military-grade wheel suspension hasn't changed much in the last 50 years!

Comment

Jeez that looks like a crisp kit. I'm also looking forward to seeing more. I'm not really familiar with the vehicle (too modern for me) but it looks like it will make a great model. Happy building CP.
                        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Whats the eventual paint scheme gonna be?
                          I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                            Whats the eventual paint scheme gonna be?
                            I'm thinking of something different - desert sand, or maybe a wild multi-gray digital urban pattern!

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                              I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the lower hull photos.
                              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                              ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X