No announcement yet.

Now this level of detail is just silly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this level of detail is just silly.

Here is an interior set for a Ferdinand/Elefant. But it is 1/72 and I have to ask, "Why?" I mean who is going to peek into that tiny hatch to see it?

Now for me, that's the kinda stuff that fills up a parts box.
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I guess the large hatch at the back allows for some viewing of the interior, but yeah, very small parts to deal with.
      I need to wear special magnified glasses to do detail for my 1/48 tanks!
      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

That's quite impressive.

But yeah, while the modeler will be able to sit back and say "that's so utterly cool" after finishing it, the truth is if anyone can get that close to my models, they are way too close and better not be holding it either.

That might suffice as a contest entry though. Or something you can assemble just so you can take pictures and then write a book about it so you can stun amateurs
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Nah...I love that kind of thing. Sometimes, I put stuff in that will be almost invisible. It's good practice for me to build/paint/weather and besides, I know it's in there. Also, when my son works out how to unlock the model cabinet, he'll know it's there too.
          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Nah...I love that kind of thing. Sometimes, I put stuff in that will be almost invisible.

I love small details too!! Jeez, I build 1/43 scale cars for cryin out loud!!
            I once added an old style, floor dimmer switch to a 1970 Roadrunner I was building. You know the type, on the floorboard, a little higher than the emergancy brake petal. No one, ever saw it, but I kew it was there.
            Shortly thereafter my wife send me for a short vacation at a place with rubber wallpaper!! It wasn't all that bad, they served lime jello with lunch and dinner!!
            Ham
            Semper Fi
            Doug

Comment

First law of models (and making them).

Have fun.

If you didn't have fun doing it, you failed and it doesn't matter how it looks.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

If you're ever gonna show it... beware the judge with the dental mirrors... Har!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

This is over kill if you seal it up. The only way i would do this is if its a cutaway, or you plan on leaving the top off.
                  Or a knocked out Elephant would be cool, top blown off or something??
                  Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X