Trumpeter's Leopold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumpeter's Leopold

I'm looking for pictures of Trumpeter's 1/35th scale Leopold model, preferably pictures of the trees all laid out. I appreciate the help!
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

I don't think anyone here has one.

Comment

That's too bad, I hear it's quite the kit.

Comment

Only seen two pics in magazines.
        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Nag nag nag.

First the disclaimer: My wife insists that I mention any images containing unfinished walls, plastic covering and/or drywall dust is due to the remodel and...bah bah bah.

OK, the kit is Trumpeter's 1/35 scale K5(E) Leopold rail gun. The real deal weighed in at 230 tons including its 24 wheel carriage and could throw a 550 pound 280mm shell an estimated 11 miles.

The box this kit came in is huge and to help gage the size I used something most of you can relate to:

The kit features 1140 parts including photo etched and metal, as well as 18 sections of railway:

As for frieghtshaker's want to see trees spread out, sorry Scott. Since I won't get to this beast for 8 months to a year I decided to only remove one tree from the plastic bag. The parts are pretty clean with no flash at all:

The instruction book is 44 pages and I have decided to build the kit in the cross-track and firing position. And estimate the amount of display space needed will be an area roughly 4x5 feet.

As a postscript, when my daughter ordered this for me the salesman asked if she wanted a gallon of glue to go with it. At first she took him serious.
          Attached Files
          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
          ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I never doubted you mate...
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
            Bukowski

Comment

I want one so badly. Maybe once we move....

Comment

It lives!

Comment

Ah.....i better wipe the drewl off, thats impressive!

Does Dragon do one too? or did they do the Thor?
                  Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                    Not sure if they do, but if so I'll wager the price is about double.
                    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                      Ah.....i better wipe the drewl off, thats impressive!

Indeed they do. I belive its on your favorite of all online model store

I can't say I would want to build this kit. Looks like you need extrmem patience and be close to expert... my patience is usually thin, I don't think I'm the king of models...
                      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Here's some footage of ya model cyberia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOediCqrukw

It can't be embedded so have to show the link instead!
                        "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                        Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                        Bukowski

Comment

Look at those brass shell casings, jeez!
                          Check out the Gustav Gun video too, you'll see Thor there as well.
                          Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Here's Dora! a very informative vid, with a model too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAm9...elated&search=

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
                              Here's some footage of ya model cyberia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOediCqrukw

It can't be embedded so have to show the link instead!
                              Surprised the guy on athe railing didn't get a concusion!
                              I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X