Metalizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalizer

I'm going to be shooting Modelmaster's Aluminum Metalizer onto a truck body. I'm an armor modeller so I know nothing of this stuff . What do I need to look out for? I've already shot acrylic aluminum on the body and was thinking about a gloss coat before I shoot the metalizer. I want the finish to be VERY glossy.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

I have shot it a few times Wear Cotton gloves when handling and not so sure I would gloss coat til AFTER you metalize
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Thanks PM. I think I'll be shooting it tomorrow night.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

All you should know is that this stuff really highlights the flaws in your surface if you have any. You can shoot it onto gloss clear and I recommend a good coat of clear afterwards too. You'll be pleased with how this stuff sprays too. It covers very quickly. It's also prone to running if you aren't careful. As PM said, gloves of some kind are a must until after you seal it with something...it's like handling newspapers and it gets everywhere.
        I really enjoy using metalizers. Good luck.
        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X