Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have finally got all my stuff to build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have finally got all my stuff to build.

Ok guys, I'm sticking my money where my mouth is and have finally acquired enough materials to start building again, it's been a long time between drinks since my last 'completed' model but this doesn't daunt me.

As you can see below there are some models, two 1/48 scale tanks, one 1/35 scale tank, and two 1/350 ships!
    The sailing ship is half finished so I plan on continuing with this but also start on one of the 1/48 tanks, maybe the Panther type G.

I do not have airbrush and doubt I can get one for some time but thats ok, and my camera could be an issue when trying to show any detail, just have to wait and see.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks guys!

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Fock! That's a nice ship!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Good stuff, now get building so we can see some finished kits.
      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I have the Panther sitting on a shelf. Would love to see you build it.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I have that Panther kit as well, I like the Tamiya 1/48, nice kits!

Wolster

Comment

Go for it Baby!.
            The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Great selection!! Now get on with it, and have some fun!!!!!
              Semper Fi
              Doug

Comment

All you have to worry about is
                1. Have fun.
                2. Save something for the group build that starts Nov 1.

Comment

Man, just started on the Panther and a set back already, so it seemed!

The lower half of the chassis is made from metal and the Matt brown I used (admittingly I don't think I mixed the paint properly) showed some gloss and seemed never to dry! I later realized the colour wasn't quite right and have a lighter Matt brown to apply for the tank.
                  So I was able to rinse the paint off with turps and then soapy water, so now in the process of allowing it to dry and start again!!!

Will paint some other parts for now!
                  Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
                    Man, just started on the Panther and a set back already, so it seemed!

The lower half of the chassis is made from metal and the Matt brown I used (admittingly I don't think I mixed the paint properly) showed some gloss and seemed never to dry! I later realized the colour wasn't quite right and have a lighter Matt brown to apply for the tank.
                    So I was able to rinse the paint off with turps and then soapy water, so now in the process of allowing it to dry and start again!!!

Will paint some other parts for now!
                    Hey you can always throw on a dull coat at the end.
                    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                      Hey you can always throw on a dull coat at the end.
                      True, but this paint never even looked like drying, and the color wasn't right... but now I'm on a roll, got other stuff to do then back to the chassis!
                      Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Good man, your a pro for sure
                        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

True, but this paint never even looked like drying, and the color wasn't right... but now I'm on a roll, got other stuff to do then back to the chassis!
                          Had exactly the same thing happen to me with the S.E.5a prop. The paint did actually dry after a week or so, but it looked like it had just been applied. Luckily the kit includes no fewer than four propellers so it wasn't a disaster.
                          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Just a little progress report on the Panther tank, done the base colour for the chassis and still working on the wheels(driving me nuts!)

The vents for the engine bay didn't have anything to stop you from looking inside the tank so I glued some black plastic strips from the inside to avoid this, yeah I'm fussy!
                            I'm trying to work out when' is the best time to apply the camouflage, before I add anymore items to the chassis or after most of the bits and pieces are attached?
                            Any thoughts guys!

Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Just a little progress report on the Panther tank, done the base colour for the chassis and still working on the wheels(driving me nuts!)
                              Put the wheels on sticks, hold the brush in place and turn the wheels against the brush to paint them, not the other way around. It's easier.

The vents for the engine bay didn't have anything to stop you from looking inside the tank so I glued some black plastic strips from the inside to avoid this, yeah I'm fussy!
                              That's what I do also. I also place sheet styrene under the hull sponsons.

I'm trying to work out when' is the best time to apply the camouflage, before I add anymore items to the chassis or after most of the bits and pieces are attached?
                              Any thoughts guys!
                              If it's a monotone paint job I paint before I attach all the small tools and such, it's easier to paint the tools off the vehicle. If it's getting a camo job I'll attach everything and then paint. That way if the camo goes over a tool hold down it will be the correct color.
                              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X