No announcement yet.

Sound off for build #4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appeal for a waiver on Biscuits behalf...

I move that she be allowed to pick up where she was cut off in the last build!

She barely had her Destroyer long enough to open it before her most unfortunate ordeal made construct & completion of her build utterly impossible. If she can produce a beginning photo showing it yet in relative beginning stages, I will certainly trust in her honor in its authenticity.

What say you all?

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

She barely had her Destroyer long enough to open it before her most unfortunate ordeal made construct & completion of her build utterly impossible. If she can produce a beginning photo showing it yet in relative beginning stages, I will certainly trust in her honor in its authenticity.

What say you all?

Not like my opinion really matters, but I'll belive her, and its Luft's choice anyway.
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

What say you all?

I second that!
        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
        ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I third that!

Just a short note too. I've seen a few posts from members here who seem to think that their opinions are somehow of less value than everyone elses.
          I for one value the opinions of all members in this area of the forum and hope that the members who feel undervalued will take that to heart.
          Anyone needing self-esteem councelling should feel free to PM me.
          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Waffle... to clarify... by "waiver" I mean that she be allowed - despite Lufts chosen subject for build 4. This would still allow Lufttiger the well won & proper choice of the build 4 theme, unencumbered.

I can personally attest that the efforts & extent to which she went to acquire here model were a bit extraordinary, & I believe it to constitute a certain 'paying of dues', if you will. I believe we all might agree that the circumstances by which she was disallowed the opportunity to work on, or complete her build might constitute good reason for an acception, regardless of Lufts chosen theme. I also believe it would not lead to any significant disruption of the build, nor should it shape the theme of the build by the acception - if made.

Just me thinkin...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
              I think we should do something of particular significance to us, i.e., my dad was a radio operator on a ship off the coast of Japan during the Korean War, so I might do a model of his ship, someone else may have had a relative on the crew of a B-17, etc. I guarantee you we can somehow connect ourselves to someone in our families who were somehow connected with the military!

I think building something with a personal connection and giving the story behind it would be a great way to get to know something more about each other!

Anyway, that's my idea.
              Excellent Idea Curt, I would like to second this!
              Wolster

Comment

Waffle... to clarify... by "waiver" I mean that she be allowed - despite Lufts chosen subject for build 4. This would still allow Lufttiger the well won & proper choice of the build 4 theme, unencumbered.

I can personally attest that the efforts & extent to which she went to acquire here model were a bit extraordinary, & I believe it to constitute a certain 'paying of dues', if you will. I believe we all might agree that the circumstances by which she was disallowed the opportunity to work on, or complete her build might constitute good reason for an acception, regardless of Lufts chosen theme. I also believe it would not lead to any significant disruption of the build, nor should it shape the theme of the build by the acception - if made.

Just me thinkin...

...You think too hard....what i meant by it's luft's choice, was that he should have the final say, even if a lot of people don't want her....this is because Luft ids too nice to deny her
                Last edited by comm. waffle; 18 Sep 07, 13:47.
                I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

From the sounds of it, some of you guys are having the same issues I am!! My house is all tore up, the wife is hounding me to get it all finished as quickly as possible, and guests are coming in three weeks!! The best part is I can see the end of this, and should be free and clear within a month. Not bad for being in this condition for almost a year!! No room in our house has gone untouched!! Jeez, she's awfully free with my labor!!
                  Semper Fi
                  Doug

Comment

Originally posted by hamy3 View Post
                    From the sounds of it, some of you guys are having the same issues I am!! My house is all tore up, the wife is hounding me to get it all finished as quickly as possible, and guests are coming in three weeks!! The best part is I can see the end of this, and should be free and clear within a month. Not bad for being in this condition for almost a year!! No room in our house has gone untouched!! Jeez, she's awfully free with my labor!!
                    Jeeze, this sounds like me and my project, only for me finished in a month would be a miracle.
                    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I think the next build will go from Nov 1 to March 1. Are there any objections? It sounds like folks could use a break and some time to do other things, myself included.

Comment

Hmmm...6 months?, that would be too long of a drought for me.

I'm hoping to do 2 dio's between now the end of the year, only because its
                        winter time, best time to build!

But it really doesn't matter much to me as i will just keep

I might suggest a new build every quarter, that way if you miss one you
                        catch the next one. Maybe even use a model that you already built but
                        was side tracked due to life.

Like MZ KV-1, he should still be able to bring it in, or the Admiral's Battleship.
                        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                          Like MZ KV-1, he should still be able to bring it in, or the Admiral's Battleship.
                          Either way, I want to see more of these two.
                          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of support guys! I never got started on it. All my pics are the pieces laid out in my former residence. Whether I get to use it or not, my ACG family has come through once again. Thanks for making this place soooooooooooo very special!

What say you all?

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                              I might suggest a new build every quarter, that way if you miss one you
                              catch the next one. Maybe even use a model that you already built but
                              was side tracked due to life.

I agree with both of these, whilst it is nice to have a bit of order, above all, these builds are about having fun and learning. Nowhere else would I have a chance to 'compete' with such esteemed company. If we can't be a little flexible with the rules, this isn't the place I thought it was!!!
                              Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                                I think the next build will go from Nov 1 to March 1. Are there any objections? It sounds like folks could use a break and some time to do other things, myself included.
                                Sounds okay to me. Yes...I have life to attend to. Luckily, life sometimes includes modelling too.
                                The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                                Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X