Sound off for build #4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound off for build #4!

I am trying to get an idea of what turnout we expect for build #4. We should get rolling around Oct 1. There are a couple changes. The ones that effect builders are...
    1. The build will be four months long.
    2. You will be require to post at a minimum one picture before you begin and one picture during your build, in addition to the judging photos.

Please pop your name in here if you plan on participating.

Sorry Duncan don't think I will be able to join in on No.4 some how, too much on my plate.
    (Even my current modelling plans are on hold at the moment.)

A new project has cropped up.
    My Hobby/Model Shed.

Fortunately my brother owns a big truck and is on holiday for 4 weeks starting this Friday so he will transport the materials I need to my home and my mates are coming around on the weekends to help me with the work.
    (Saving me a bundle of cash.)

Going to insulate then line the inside of it with internal walls and install a insulated ceiling.
    I also will be giving it a phone line (for my computer) as well and installing a split-system air conditioner so it will be nice and cool inside in summer.

Put in a couple of extra power points in handy locations to stop the need for extension cords running around the place.

Paint the internal walls and ceiling, then add a bunch of shelving for my stuff to go on, hang a few pictures up and then move everything back in.
    (My big hangar diorama, models, lounge, TV, Computer & desk, etc...)

Only after all that will I have a chance to start doing my modelling again.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

I'm in!
      Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Dave View Post
        Sorry Duncan don't think I will be able to join in on No.4 some how, too much on my plate.
        (Even my current modelling plans are on hold at the moment.)

A new project has cropped up.
        My Hobby/Model Shed.

Fortunately my brother owns a big truck and is on holiday for 4 weeks starting this Friday so he will transport the materials I need to my home and my mates are coming around on the weekends to help me with the work.
        (Saving me a bundle of cash.)

Going to insulate then line the inside of it with internal walls and install a insulated ceiling.
        I also will be giving it a phone line (for my computer) as well and installing a split-system air conditioner so it will be nice and cool inside in summer.

Put in a couple of extra power points in handy locations to stop the need for extension cords running around the place.

Paint the internal walls and ceiling, then add a bunch of shelving for my stuff to go on, hang a few pictures up and then move everything back in.
        (My big hangar diorama, models, lounge, TV, Computer & desk, etc...)

Only after all that will I have a chance to start doing my modelling again.

Cheers,
        Dave
        Cool!! I was going to do this on the 10X20 concrete pad I have in the back yard but now that we're moving those plans are kaput.

I won't be in this build either. I have two commission projects going and many home projects going on.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Count me in this time.
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

I'm in. Something quite simple this time though. I regret not finishing the F-5E's and having to sneak in the Defiant.

Comment

What did you decide for build 4 btw guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                What did you decide for build 4 btw guys?
                Not yet. The winner of build #3 will decide. It'll be announced probably Sept 18 or 24. It depends on how long the winner takes to make his decision.

Comment

I'm hoping to, but have wait to commit until I can nail down a few things here.
                  Semper Fi
                  Doug

Comment

Just read your message to me Duncan, "Enter the shed in the Group Build"

I dont think the others would like that too much.

But I will post some progress pictures.
                    (A before, some during its constuction stages and a finished & furnished photo.)

Cheers,
                    Dave
                    Last edited by Aussie Dave; 11 Sep 07, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Dave View Post
                      Just read your message to me Duncan, "Enter the shed in the Group Build"

I dont think the others would like that too much.

But I will post some progress pictures.
                      (A before, some during its constuction stages and a finished & furnished photo.)

Cheers,
                      Dave
                      Paint it cammo and sandbag the windows.

Comment

I'm game
                        When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
                        Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                          Paint it cammo and sandbag the windows.
                          What windows?
                          (It hasn't got any.)

Its my Metal Bunker.

Cheers,
                          Dave

Comment

If we were starting Nov. 1, you could count me in but the house remodel is still only two-thirds complete, and I will never have the time or space to start in two weeks.
                            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                            ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                              If we were starting Nov. 1, you could count me in but the house remodel is still only two-thirds complete, and I will never have the time or space to start in two weeks.
                              My problem also. BTW, I'm going with a concrete overlay for the fireplace, hope it works.
                              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X