Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I choose?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What should I choose?

    I will be ordering off GHQ again in a while and I was thinking about getting more WWII German stuff possbily some Befehlswagen IBs or Panthers, Or possbily some Gulf War Iraqi things. Also their Napoleonic war and Civil War stuff also appeals to me.

    So what should I get?

  • #2
    Well the German stuff will be the easiest to get, then the Iraqi stuff. You might struggle (unfortunately) finding Napoleonic unless you know something I don't. As for Civil War, I know that there IS stuff available (by Verlinden) but is quite specialised and probably quite $$ intensive. The biggest range of choice I think would be the Panthers you mentioned. Tamiya and Dragon do several versions each and I know that Tamiya has a 1/48 one as well if that's your thing. So... get a Panther G with infra-red optics and steel wheels.
    The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
    Sideshow Bob.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
      Well the German stuff will be the easiest to get, then the Iraqi stuff. You might struggle (unfortunately) finding Napoleonic unless you know something I don't. As for Civil War, I know that there IS stuff available (by Verlinden) but is quite specialised and probably quite $$ intensive. The biggest range of choice I think would be the Panthers you mentioned. Tamiya and Dragon do several versions each and I know that Tamiya has a 1/48 one as well if that's your thing. So... get a Panther G with infra-red optics and steel wheels.
      All the eras of warfare are available on GHQ. However I'm having a hard time deciding what to get. It maybe easiest to get WWII German because I have all the paints and stuff.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
        All the eras of warfare are available on GHQ. However I'm having a hard time deciding what to get. It maybe easiest to get WWII German because I have all the paints and stuff.
        Don't forget reference material. That's what keeps me in WW2. Having to amass books for another time period would take alot of time and money.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
          Don't forget reference material. That's what keeps me in WW2. Having to amass books for another time period would take alot of time and money.
          I have tons of WWII books and alot of modern warfare books and materials, Also I have a couple on the Napoleonic and the Civil War as well.

          Comment

          Latest Topics

          Collapse

          • Karri
            Prawn heads
            by Karri
            How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

            So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
            Today, 11:40
          • Jose50
            Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
            by Jose50
            Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
            Today, 08:41
          • Von Richter
            Sagittarius Rising...
            by Von Richter
            Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
            Today, 01:19
          Working...
          X