Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trumpeter 1/16 T-34s

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trumpeter 1/16 T-34s

    Any of you guys built a Trumpeter 1/16 T-34 kit?

    There's a T-34/76 model 1942, a T-34/76 model 1943 and two slightly different T-34-85s.

    I was thinking of treating myself to something outside of my usual 1/35 scale and have seen these on the shelf for a while now. They look as if they've got quite comprehensive interior detail and I'm kinda tempted. What do you think of them?
    "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

  • #2
    I saw one at last years IPMS show. Quite detailed and it looked like a good kit.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

    Comment


    • #3
      Get one but be patient because the interior is so detailed it will triple the building time. They're definitely not quickies.


      "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

      Comment


      • #4
        Check out the detail in that, excellent!!!.
        Did you do it MZ?
        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

        Comment


        • #5
          That settles it!

          Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
          Get one but be patient because the interior is so detailed it will triple the building time. They're definitely not quickies.

          That settles it. As soon as my wallet allows, I'm getting one.

          Thanks for the answers, guys.
          "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
          Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

          Comment


          • #6
            Some dude on the web posted those pics. I suspect some electrical cables are scratchbuilt from thin wire. It's not like you couldn't add em' yourself if you had some wire though.

            I think building an interior so detailed and then putting the roof on is a waste of effort. The small hatches are not enough to take a revealing peak inside. A model like this should be completed with big slices of hull and turret cut off with a hot knife.

            Last edited by MonsterZero; 25 Aug 07, 13:36.

            "Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
              Some dude on the web posted those pics. I suspect some electrical cables are scratchbuilt from thin wire. It's not like you couldn't add em' yourself if you had some wire though.

              I think building an interior so detailed and then putting the roof on is a waste of effort. The small hatches are not enough to take a revealing peak inside. A model like this should be completed with big slices of hull and turret cut off with a hot knife.

              That's not a real interior but what seems to be an electrical recoil simulator. Definitely some remote control servos involved.

              Edit- it seems there is also a wire to light up the muzzle to simulate muzzle flashes.
              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                "Some dude on the web posted those pics. I suspect some electrical cables are scratchbuilt from thin wire. It's not like you couldn't add em' yourself if you had some wire though.

                I think building an interior so detailed and then putting the roof on is a waste of effort. The small hatches are not enough to take a revealing peak inside."
                I hear ya, but I'd be planning to make the interior as 'visible' as I could, not by 'cutting away' but by opening hatches, removing the turret at certain times when displaying, having the engine deck removable etc (not too hard to do a small amount of surgery for this).

                I'm gonna get some practise because I'm currently working on a 1/35 PzKpfw I with very comprehensive interior, most of which wouldn't be visible after completion unless I leave some things open.
                Last edited by panther3485; 25 Aug 07, 21:48.
                "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                  I hear ya, but I'd be planning to make the interior as 'visible' as I could, not by 'cutting away' but by opening hatches, removing the turret at certain times when displaying, having the engine deck removable etc (not too hard to do a small amount of surgery for this).

                  I'm gonna get some practise because I'm currently working on a 1/35 PzKpfw I with very comprehensive interior, most of which wouldn't be visible after completion unless I leave some things open.
                  At least the side and turret hatches on the Pz I are large.
                  If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
                    "At least the side and turret hatches on the Pz I are large."
                    Yeah, especially when compared to the size of the tank. The engine deck is a separate part so all I have to do is position it in place without cement, to better show that nicely rendered little engine when I want to. There is also a reasonable sized opening over the transmission, with a cover that doesn't have to be cemented down. For further exposure, take off the turret and voila! Most of the interior will be visible.
                    "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just picked up the 1/16 T-34-85 (Factory No. 174) yesterday. Sheer size feels impressive after modelling so many 1/35 jobs. I would have liked a 1-piece gun barrel and the ammo rounds are moulded in halves as well but hey, these are minor gripes considering it's got an almost complete interior. Does anyone know of any 'after-market' upgrade bits available?

                      Regards,
                      panther3485
                      "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                      Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here's a few:

                        http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcar...m_num=HSR16004
                        http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcar...m_num=HSR16005
                        http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcar...em_num=PT16003
                        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A 1/16 T-34 would be neat, and would look nice with my 1/25 Panther, Jagdpanther, Chieftain and Centurion kits

                          Then I would of course need maybe some large Sherman or something.

                          I would assume the kit has easily removable sections to allow easy viewing access.
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks mate, that's got me off to a good start.
                            "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                            Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Could you post a couple of pictures of the sprues TT? I am seriously thinking about one of these as well. It should keep me amused for a few years!
                              Wolster

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X