Would you pay $700 for this????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pay $700 for this????

Ok, i'll admit, this is a very well done model kit of a Jagdpanther.
    The Dragon kit cost about $35, and then the cost of the PE stuff he bought,
    which btw you won't even notice because its been painted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUILT-MODEL-DRAG...QQcmdZViewItem

So is anyone here willing to fork over $700 for this tank? if so call me, i'll do one for 1/2 that.
    Last edited by lufttiger; 20 Aug 07, 15:21.
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Ok maybe there are idoits, ..i mean good people out there willing to part with
    large sums of mulaw. I just found this one with 12 bids on it already.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1-35-Dragon-DML-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

They are both great, especially the Panther, but I'd never pay that much for a model. Maybe I should start selling on Ebay....
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I prefer the Panther too but in all honesty, I've seen models as good, if not better right here. But let's not be too hasty in calling potential buyers idiots. It's okay for us, we have the skill and have put in the years to be able to build to a high standard. Most people can't. The fact that folks are willing to pay so much says that they admire the skills we have honed. That's a good thing.
        And Freight...maybe you should. You have nothing to lose from trying and I would bet that you would attract some fairly good bids for your work mate. All you'd need to do would be to work out a safe shipping method which could be a fairly big challenge. But I think you could make some $$ if you wanted to.
        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
          And Freight...maybe you should. You have nothing to lose from trying and I would bet that you would attract some fairly good bids for your work mate. All you'd need to do would be to work out a safe shipping method which could be a fairly big challenge. But I think you could make some $$ if you wanted to.
          Thanks, I appreciate the compliment! When I got out of the Army I had thought about doing it but didn't think it would be constant income. Maybe once the wife gets her CPA.....
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Look at that detail! Makes me think that if I pick it up it'd be heavy as hell!
            I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Hey plenty of idiots will pay that for a PS3 and frankly I'd rather have the tank than the PS3 hehe.

But no, I could do just as good of a job myself, so I'd say it's worth price of materials plus 100 bucks tops.

I say bonus 100 bucks as a flat rate fee for my time. I picked that number out of thin air too.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                Hey plenty of idiots will pay that for a PS3 and frankly I'd rather have the tank than the PS3 hehe.

But no, I could do just as good of a job myself, so I'd say it's worth price of materials plus 100 bucks tops.

I say bonus 100 bucks as a flat rate fee for my time. I picked that number out of thin air too.
                600 hundred bucks for PE ad the kit? Ya right
                I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Wait wasn't there a starting bid of $199.99 for the first one?
                  "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

I just saw a model of the USS Missouri at the worlds largest truck stop in Iowa. 499 was the price on it. Didn't look spectacular and it looked like the same kit I'd built as a kid.

H
                    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                      600 hundred bucks for PE ad the kit? Ya right
                      Where did you get 600 bucks for PE out of my quote? Just curious.

Plus, it should be known, I know how to actually make PE parts, you don't have to buy them either. You don't have to buy cast resin parts, nor do you have to buy vacu formed parts for that matter either. Nor cast metal parts (although lead is not really ideal and cast resin is safer health wise.

But anyway, what's up with the 600 dollars in PE? I never even mentioned PE to start with.

I figure personally, price of kit, plus maybe 100 in aftermarket parts maybe. But looking at the kit, it's not really possible to identify non kits add ons (which is ideally the point of course ).
                      Life is change. Built models for decades.
                      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                        Where did you get 600 bucks for PE out of my quote? Just curious.

Plus, it should be known, I know how to actually make PE parts, you don't have to buy them either. You don't have to buy cast resin parts, nor do you have to buy vacu formed parts for that matter either. Nor cast metal parts (although lead is not really ideal and cast resin is safer health wise.

But anyway, what's up with the 600 dollars in PE? I never even mentioned PE to start with.

I figure personally, price of kit, plus maybe 100 in aftermarket parts maybe. But looking at the kit, it's not really possible to identify non kits add ons (which is ideally the point of course ).
                        Sorry, thought you were trying to calculate the guys price.

Comment

Hmmm I wonder where these bidders were when My stuff was up on Ebay??........Oh Well......
                          Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                          In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                          Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Originally posted by panzermacher View Post
                            Hmmm I wonder where these bidders were when My stuff was up on Ebay??........Oh Well......
                            Maybe it was the section you advertised them in Ebay?

Should have put them in the "Toys and Collectables for Untalented but Cashed-Up Bidders" section there.

Cheers,
                            Dave
                            Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

As a non-talented oaf - when it comes to model building - I'd have to say that I would be tempted by some of the work I see you guys post in the 199-250 range.

The key part of that comment is "tempted". I don't think I could justify the expenditure (esp to my wife), but if you have $50 tied up in the model and consumables that leaves just 150-200 for labor.... I know you have to have more than 20 hours into something like that... & $10 per hour is giving time away so I definitely would not be overpaying if I would enjoy the piece.

It's amazing how much we tend to undervalue our time when we are doing something we enjoy.
                              Tray Green

www.abandofgamers.com

Battlefield Tours for Wargamers
                              Normandy 2007
                              ACW Border Wars 2008
                              Bulge 2008

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X