Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what are folks thinking of for build #4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what are folks thinking of for build #4?

I'm thinking that I would like to see something more specific. If I were to choose it would be US WWII armour. That's something we haven't seen much of in the builds, if at all.

I think I might also make it more strict to be in the build. We can still enter anytime, change your mind on the kit, whatever. But you must declare what you are building and include in progress pictures. At least a before, middle, and end picture. I would keep notes on who has contributed. The idea is to participate together via pictures. It would make it a bit trickier to get that ribbon too.

I'm moving in about 6 months so my building is on hold. The less models I have to move, the less that will break . I agree that more specificity will make it more of a 'group' build.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Let's all build 1/35 Tiger tanks!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Haven't most built at least one Tiger already?

HP
        Last edited by Half Pint John; 15 Aug 07, 02:56.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

How about a Combat Build?

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
          Havn't most built at least one Tiger already?

HP
          From what I've read here, I'd say yeah.

Shouldn't it be a little wider of a selection, in that case, say any German Tank, or something of that style. Like a Fighter/Bomber build, or an Infantry Build, or maybe one brand of models, like Dragon. Or even one type paints, you know, airbrush, oil, acrylic, or an enamel build. One type of model just seems to limited for such a varied community....

I'm voting in on a Combat Build, needing two models minimum, so they can be staged to fight on a mat or diorama....
          "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

May I suggest that rather than choosing a specific model, you build a diorama with a specific theme, e.g. "The last days of the Reich".
            That would allow the participants to choose from a wide range og Allied and German models from that periode, and still all were doing the "same" thing.
            When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
            Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              I'm thinking that I would like to see something more specific. If I were to choose it would be US WWII armour. That's something we haven't seen much of in the builds, if at all.
              But I don't want to see 5 different Sherman Tanks or even build one for that matter.
              (Besides, I think German Armour is a far more appealing subject than US Armour.)

Why not make it a country build, choosing only one nation's military men or machines as the subject?

A particular type of war machine is another option, like a Tank or even an Aircraft build.

Or even a particular war build, like the Korean or Vietnam wars as the subject matter.

IMHO I don't think limiting the subject along a very particular line will attract as many people to the build as a broader one would.
              (And don't forget the $$$ COST $$$ for joining in. For some its an issue.)

Cheers,
              Dave
              Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

Hmmm. Okay. Here's my 1/2 a cent. If we limit the built to a certian area, it may bring about less people, as Aussie Dave stated. I like the 'orogress pictures' ideas. Not to sound like I don't trust the people here, but it'd be a little harder to "cheat".

I like the certain subject build idea. Just seems like if would be funnier (if thats a word). If we do, I think we should have a Vietnam thing (yeah, basically because I'm in the mojo with 'Nam models at the moment). But do as thou pleases...
                I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Dave View Post
                  (Besides, I think German Armour is a far more appealing subject than US Armour.)
                  I don't know why, but I have always felt the same.
                  ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                  ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Fine by me.....I am game for anything.....
                    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

It will ultimately be up to the winner of build #3. Thought we could chat about it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                        It will ultimately be up to the winner of build #3. Thought we could chat about it though.
                        Its all about brainwashing who ever wins. I VOTE VITENAM!!
                        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Vietnam is fine if you want to build a Vietnam-era weapon.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                            Vietnam is fine if you want to build a Vietnam-era weapon.
                            umm...duh? I thought that was the point.

Comment

trying to get back into the hobby I'm thinking about anti-tank gun. Time and place is open. Would this be a good subject for a build? I haven't seen much in this area so it might be new for many others. Plus I can get some great ideas from all you overly talented people
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X