Another FNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another FNG

OK modelers I'm the FNG here!! I just found this site, seen it has a modeling section, so here I am!!! A brief introduction I believe is in order, so here goes.
    My name is Doug, and I'm a modeler!! (My apologies to those 12 step programs!!)I build 1/48 scale aircraft, mostly of Marine Corps subjects. As well as 1/43 scale Le Mans race cars, and I've been on this Civil War craze for the past few years. In that area I've done a good number of heavy artillery pieces, figures, and ships.
    Currently on my bench is the 1/196 scale CSS Chicora from Flagship models. It's nearly ready for some paint, and will have a ton of rigging to install. I'm planning to use .005 stainless steel wire for quite a bit of the rigging, and some invisable thread thown in to make it interesting.
    I'm the president of my local club, IPMS CT Yankee, we meet here in Stamford CT. And I'm Region 1 coordinator for IPMS/USA. I'm a member of our local Civil War Roundtable, so you may find me in the Civil War section as well!!
    It's nice to be here, and I look forward to being a part of this community.
    Semper Fi
    Doug

Welcome Aboard! Looks like ya found the right place.......I am Chuck and my forte is 1/35th German Armor and figures....I do aircraft from time to time of varying scales.
    You will find this a nice area to get tips and pointers!
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Pictures! Pictures!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forums sir.

Comment

Welcome Doug! We're a pretty friendly group.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Welcome Doug. Sounds like you may be able to offer us some pointers. As Duncan said; 'Pictures'. Any chance?
          BTW, I'm Nick and I build everything except cars...I do aircraft in 1/48 and armour in 1/35. I haven't built a ship since 1978 but I don't like to rule them out.
          Anyway....enjoy.
          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

G'day Doug and welcome mate.

If models are your thing, you've come to the right place here.

Cheers,
            Dave

ps: I am an "Aircraft Man" myself.
            Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

Hi Guys, Thanks for the kind words of welcome.
              I haven't quite figured out how to post pictures in these forums, so I'm open to suggestions on how to show off my junk!!
              Last edited by hamy3; 10 Aug 07, 16:55. Reason: message changed
              Semper Fi
              Doug

Comment

Welcome Doug
                Dont feel bad I usualy say things like "Did I ever tell you I hate computors." I do use them every day.
                Also I colect things that go bang.
                Keep up the good work.
                Jim"Doc" Bruce
                "War Means Fightin and fightnin means killin"
                Nathan Bedford Forrest.
                "Audacity, more audacity and always audacity"
                George Patton

Comment

May have to ask the others I still do mine the "Old Way" Try as I may I cant get the hang of putting pics straight up!

Yes.....My name is Panzerman.....and I am Technically Challenged! I have been technically challenged for about 15 years now.......

Comment

I've been called a "technological troglodyte" by my daughter on more than one occasion!! She used to handle all my IT issues, before she moved to Vegas. Now I'm just lost in the woods. It's nice to know there are others who are equally dangerous wth one of these new fangled "cornpukers". They'll never catch on!!
                    Semper Fi
                    Doug

Comment

Originally posted by hamy3 View Post
                      I've been called a "technological troglodyte" by my daughter on more than one occasion!! She used to handle all my IT issues, before she moved to Vegas. Now I'm just lost in the woods. It's nice to know there are others who are equally dangerous wth one of these new fangled "cornpukers". They'll never catch on!!
                      'The Internet?... Is that thing still around?' - Homer Simpson.
                      The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                      Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by hamy3 View Post
                        Hi Guys, Thanks for the kind words of welcome.
                        I haven't quite figured out how to post pictures in these forums, so I'm open to suggestions on how to show off my junk!!
                        These links will help you and Panzermacher learn to post your pictures directly onto the screen so they are visible.

You will need a "Host" before you can post any pictures.
                        Join Imageshack (Its FREE) and they will host your pictures, to join click on the link below.

http://my.imageshack.us/registration/

Now uplaod the pictures to Imageshack you want to post.

Once you have uploaded them, right click on your FULL SIZE picture on the Imageshack website and select "Properties"
                        Here are example pictures going through it all step by step.

When the pictures properties are displayed copy the picture's full URL address.

Now you have the URL address you can insert a picture in your post.
                        Here is a picture of where the "Insert Image" button is.

After you click on it this will pop-up on your screen.

Now PASTE the URL address of your picture into it and click "OK"

The picture will appear AFTER you "Submit" your post.

You can try doing these steps from the link below until you succeed in posting your picture.
                        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...217#post721217

Cheers,
                        Dave
                        Last edited by Aussie Dave; 12 Aug 07, 13:35. Reason: added details

Comment

oj trying it right now took generic pic off the web.....

EDIT: Holy Crap I did it!!!! THanks DAVE that was told in a way I can understand it!

BTW.....I had to edit my first pic it turns out it is a freakin Racist website and an ad for their racist cd!!! I wont have any of that, so I took it away. But there was a pic there!
                          Last edited by panzermacher; 12 Aug 07, 19:21.

Comment

Here trying it again with a more agreeable pic....

Comment

Originally posted by panzermacher View Post
                              Here trying it again with a more agreeable pic....

Well done Panzerman.

I'm glad I could help you out with that and pleased that you understood my post.

Cheers,
                              Dave

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X