Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More inspriation for those who glue plastic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More inspriation for those who glue plastic...

Well, I made a heck of "Ooops" at the hobby shop. I searched half the day and 3 hobby shops later I found my Vietnam for my diorama..and got an APC. BUT! The APC I got was built in 1983 and was a variant of the M113 I was looking for...so I tried out some new stuff, take a look.

I wanted to get an upper pic, but the battrie died right before I hit the button...let me try again tomorrow. ANd PM..it was too late for me to try and dry brush..maybe next time.
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Are you going to use it in your diorama?

If you are, you should maybe attempt to try and repaint it in the colour it would have been if it was in the Vietnam war.

If you can't repaint it, here is the kit you want for your diorama.
    http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=35135

Here are some pics to give you a few ideas on the colour scheme to paint it or to repaint the one you have.

I hope this helps you with some ideas for your diorama Trevor.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

Yeah I wanted those, but I got the wrong one, and didn't notice until It was half way put toether..so I said "To hell with it!" and tried a new paint scheme,...doens't look too bad really...
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

I have two versions still in the box.

1/35 Tamiya M577

Italeri 1/72 M113.

Comment

You have an ITV or a Improved TOW Vehicle. If you thinned your paint and applied multiple, but thinner, coats the brush marks would disappear.
          If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker View Post
            You have an ITV or a Improved TOW Vehicle. If you thinned your paint and applied multiple, but thinner, coats the brush marks would disappear.
            I added antother white coat and it went away...

Comment

Hey nice job there Waffe, don't think i've ever seen that M113 version before.
              I like your colors for the camo, nice job on supplies attached to the side too.

Hand brushing is tuff, thats how i started out, then i saw this guy use an airbrush and i had to have one. The only thing i hand paint now is figs.
              Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                Hey nice job there Waffe, don't think i've ever seen that M113 version before.
                I like your colors for the camo, nice job on supplies attached to the side too.

Hand brushing is tuff, thats how i started out, then i saw this guy use an airbrush and i had to have one. The only thing i hand paint now is figs.
                I airbrush EVERYTHING where practical.
                The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X