A Funny thing happened.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Funny thing happened.......

I was walking over to my Dad's house earlier today (Since I can't really drive just yet) And All Of a sudden I hear the drone of Prop Driven planes....many of them!
    I looked up to see a B-25 Mitchell being pursued by 3 Bf 109s and a YAK! I thought I must have took too much medication and was seeing things that no longer happen or exist. But as I got to Dad's house..he showed me the Advert for the AIR show tomorrow at Peoria airport. What I witnessed was the fly in of some of the WW2 aircraft that will be on display. It was a neat sight, seeing a B-25 in flight with 3 of it's adversaries in pursuit. The Yak was the throw off though. I been looking outside all day to catch any glimpses of the other birds that are flying for the show tomorrow. I'd go but I have no money for such things at this time.....
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Cool.

We have an airshow here every August. Unfortunately I'm working all three days this year. I haven't been in years. Maybe next year.

Comment

Update.....Just got buzzed by the "Red Baron" (As in the Red Baron Pizza Biplane)

Dont think the Bfs were original Messersmidts I think they were som a local bunch pieced together....Last I heard on the news they were working on a FW 190

Comment

Nuther update!!! A P-51 with a MiG 17 wingman just did a flyover!!! It was awesome!!! No camera available though!

Comment

You're alright unless you see this dude fly over, Panzer!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Lucky bugger Panzer. Only thing we get is the police chopper sometimes and the fire fighter Iroquois in summer. We borrow it from Canada.
            The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
            Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Many of you guys know that I live by the beach in San Francisco and sometimes fly-overs are not as much fun as it seems. The Blue Angels in their F/A-18s seem like fun until they fly over on a Sunday morning when I'm nursing a hangover.

I used to rush up to the roof and watch them and one time I think I looked into the eyes of the pilot and he waved to me.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

As it stands now...I have camera in hand and am Waiting for that B-25, which has done 2 flyovers in the last half hour just havent got outside was busing cooking FISH we caught this morning!!

Comment

Originally posted by panzermacher View Post
                  As it stands now...I have camera in hand and am Waiting for that B-25, which has done 2 flyovers in the last half hour just havent got outside was busing cooking FISH we caught this morning!!
                  Busy cooking fish hey Panzermacher....Flame grilled fish?

Cheers,
                  Dave
                  Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

We usually have the Blue Angels Fly over our house every year for the airshow that goes on at the lakefront. We also have WWII warbirds fly over our house on their way to the EAA sometimes. I also remember a pair of F-15s that flew over a party that I attended which was at Homestead Hollow which is a county park.
                    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

A few years ago on the last day of the Avalon Air show we had a C-130 fly low over our house the noise was incredible and something i'll never forget.
                      "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
                      - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Last year when I was in Katherine, which for overseas readers is a couple of hours south of Darwin, we stayed in a caravan park close to the RAAF base there. On the drive south we passed several APCs and even the odd tank driving north to Darwin. One night when it was quiet and the only sound was the crocodiles picking tourist out of their teeth, a pair of FA18s flew over the park at about 100 metres. I thought the world was ending!! My teeth rattled in my head and my son woke up.
                        The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                        Sideshow Bob.

Comment

The only thing I saw today go over was the C-130 and I have seen enuff of those.....

Comment

Thats funny, cause I just saw the Blue Angles fly over about...oh...20 or 30 minutes ago.
                            I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

We have a 'flyover' of around forty cockatoos every day at about half past four. They make about the same amount of noise as the Blue Angels but will eat your house if you let them.
                              Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X