Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you paint gun metal?

Is it just one universal techique?
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

There's always the 'color' gun metal but I usually paint a base color of black and drybrush steel. Instead of the drybrush I sometimes use a graphite pencil. Mind you, not all weapons are gun metal. Most modern weapons are painted or blued.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

In 1/72 I can get away with gun metal coloured paint. Sometimes a little wash and/or graphite pencil to highlite.

Comment

I use a 3 color dryblush on older weapons Black to steel to aluminum or graphite..... New weapons I use a dark blue and drybrush it with a little steel to show wear...
        Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
        In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
        Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Airbrush Testors gunmetal metallizer. When it dries polish it with a soft cloth to bring out a metallic shine. Then seal it with their special metalizer sealer that protects the metal paint from being rubbed off. Then dry brush with steel.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Now ya see?.. That's why you build 1/72. Slap on some Tamiya gun metal and yer done.

Comment

I either paint the weapon with Humbrol Panzer grey and then rub powdered graphite on the part after a dark wash or I dry brush very lightly with silver instead of the graphite. Powdered graphite can be bought or you can make it by simply filing a lead pencil and using the powder from that. The finer the better. After all this I start on the wooden parts.
              The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
              Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X