A tale of two pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of two pots

Have you ever had a day, when you wanted to buy a model almost any model, but nothing you did ended up with you having a model?

Today I was in the local store on the prowl for a treat with my allowance.
    I was targeting 1/700th scale ships. I figured lets try Trumpeter and get either a British or a Japanese cruiser.

Nothing I did worked. The clerk looked and looked, and she always came up empty. Every kit was out of circulation.

I widened the search to other kits, other companies, but I seem to have taste for kits that are long gone. Man it annoys me when companies have web sites full of non existent kits.

So anyway, I ended up at Canadian Tire, and there they were, I also needed two new kitchen pots. I got two Lagostina 2l 3layer pots normally 114 bucks on sale for 30 (I have no idea what would make any pot worth 114 bucks though).

Felt odd buying pots with my allowance though
    Oh well, eventually I need to buy something for my kitchen.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Originally posted by LRB View Post
    Have you ever had a day, when you wanted to buy a model almost any model, but nothing you did ended up with you having a model?

Today I was in the local store on the prowl for a treat with my allowance.
    I was targeting 1/700th scale ships. I figured lets try Trumpeter and get either a British or a Japanese cruiser.

Nothing I did worked. The clerk looked and looked, and she always came up empty. Every kit was out of circulation.

I widened the search to other kits, other companies, but I seem to have taste for kits that are long gone. Man it annoys me when companies have web sites full of non existent kits.

So anyway, I ended up at Canadian Tire, and there they were, I also needed two new kitchen pots. I got two Lagostina 2l 3layer pots normally 114 bucks on sale for 30 (I have no idea what would make any pot worth 114 bucks though).

Felt odd buying pots with my allowance though
    Oh well, eventually I need to buy something for my kitchen.
    Sounds like you need to go on the internet and offer two pots in trade for model kits. Stranger transactions have happened.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X